You know your a bottle digger when.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I got the pics to prove that statement. With my last purchase of a box lot of close to 400 bottles. It took 3 days to clean them all and I've already sorted and gave away about 150 bottles and jars and now the pile is starting to look more managable. Swizzle

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Huff, The wify won't let me play with anything pointed.

When your Christmas carols are about digging.....{to the tune of Little Drummer Boy}...... Meeeee and An-thony went dig-dig-dig-ing.......And we met Marvin the mole in Mo-o-o-bile....

huffmnd

Reaction score
LOL!!!! Well to tell you the truth it was hitting a little too close to home, especially the belly button one
m11.gif
. I have another one to add.
You know that you are a bottle digger when you are at the local flea market and spot a bunch of bottles that haven't been cleaned up and you try to get a good look at the dirt in them to try to give you an idea as to where they were dug up or where you should dig next.

ALBOTTLEDIGGER

Reaction score
That is some funny stuff!!! You know you are a bottle digger when you carry you probe, shovels, and hand tools everywhere you go even on family vacation!!

swizzle

Reaction score
ALBOTTLEDIGGER, That's not normal? I always have digging tools with me. You know you're a bottle digger when you gotta move your digging tools to load the groceries. When you've seen more jugs from diggin then on all the wet T-shirt nights at your local watering hole. Your garden is full of vegtables from seeds dug from privy's. There's skid marks in the road next to every cellar hole within a 50 mile radius of your house. You come home covered in dirt from head to toe, stinkin and smiling because you dug a good shard. You have a shard collection. You spend more time in the bottom of a privy then in your own bed. I'm done for now. Swizzle

Bluebelle

Reaction score
.....hiking the Nature Preserves - like the ones that are converted dairies (found a fine old milk bottle once), railroad track trails, or especially the one that backs up to the old Heinz estate in Pgh, taking along heavy leather gloves, a swiss army knife and wearing slacks with the most and baggiest pockets..........

Bottleman

Reaction score
When you hide under the table with ear plugs in when the recycling truck comes.

When an hour trip takes four hours because of cellar hole sightings.

When the tip comes off your probe it feels like the end of the world is near.

When you have poured beer in an old bottle and drank out of it to see what it would have felt like 100 years ago.

When you only recognize the word cobalt as being a glass color.

swizzle

Reaction score
When you ask your grandparents where they used to poop. When you hear a girl say "Hey, Check out my Jugs!!" and you think Ovoid or Whiskey? All your gloves are caked with mud. New shoes are ruined because of a cellar hole sighting. Your 2 hours late picking up your wife because you were following a stone wall. When you mistake your morning coffee mug with a thunder mug. Wine bottles line your garden, patio and all walkways. Your recycling bin is full of rawlieghs and watkins screw tops. When each fish in your fish tank has its own jar. Your cat eats out of a bowl you dug. Before fishing you dig for worms and can't stop. Swizzle

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc