Zara Stampalia

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jonb12321

Reaction score
Any help appreciated. I dug up this Zara Stampalia marked bottle, did some research, it seems it was used to bottle moschino cherry liquer in Dalmatia (Zara is the old name of a town in modern Croatia). The bottle has mold joints under and above the central bulge, also under the top. As far as I know it as made around 1880 but I haven't been able to find any info about the Stampalia liquer brand and there is no Austro-Hungarian eagle embossing, also the slender bottle shape is little unusual for the Zara-made liqueurs. Any info and any idea about value (I'm in the UK)?

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_055937.jpg
    IMG_20200429_055937.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 357

bottlehunt!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I have never seen a bottle like that.

Troutmaster08

Reaction score
The bottle came from a town now called Zadar but called Zara in old Yugoslavia (now Croatia). Here is a Wikipedia page on the liqueur type that was in the bottle which interestingly was first made in the town that your bottle was made in.

jonb12321

Reaction score
The bottle came from a town now called Zadar but called Zara in old Yugoslavia (now Croatia). Here is a Wikipedia page on the liqueur type that was in the bottle which interestingly was first made in the town that your bottle was made in.

[/QUOTE

Thanks. Actually as far as I can find out the bottle itself was made in Venice, thoygh yes the maraschino cherry liquor was made in Zadar/Zada

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler