ACL Soda Bottle Books Available

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy / Rich

Fantastic! Please let us know what you think of it.

Bob

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
Hi Bob -
My ACL book came in the mail yesterday. (That's 12 days after I sent the money order.) It's a great book! Both my wife and I have been enjoying looking at it. The pictures are excellent, the database is cool, and there is a lot of interesting historical facts about a few of the soda companies.

I must admit that I am not actually a collector of ACL bottles, but I really like the book anyway. It's an excellent collection of ACL art and soda name art, and I like relating it to the deco bottles that I do collect. It's a great reference work for the hobby of bottle collecting, and you really can't get a more colorful kind of bottle collecting book!

I really appreciate your effort, Bob, in getting this now-rare book available to us!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Tom / bottle-o-pop

Thanks for the review - mucho appreciated!

As you might know, there are two earlier editions of the book - the first of which was published in 1995 and second one in 1998. I don't have either one but heard the third edition, like the one you have, is a compilation of the first two and is the best of the three. Regarding rarity, the first two editions are harder to find than the third one.

Thanks again,

Bob

Here's a picture of the first two books ...

ACL Book First and Second Editions covers.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Here's another book to look for ...

"Soda and Mineral Water Bottles" By J.L. Jones - 1972

It includes numerous (black & white) pictures and values of Hutchinson bottles, straight-sided bottles, as well as acl bottles. As far as I know it is the earliest collectors book to devote a large portion of its pages to acl bottles. The book is extremely hard to find and can cost anywhere between $75.00 and $100.00. Notice the 1972 cover price of $8.00. I have a copy that I acquired in the late 1970s and paid about $5.00 for ...

J L Jones Book.jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
That's a cool book Bob. I give my book a 2 thumbs up so far. I went thru most of it and love all the pics. Thanx again bob!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Update ...

Because only six of the seven books I sold have been paid for, I just donated $35.00 to the forum. The only place I could find that allowed donations is on the task bar at the top of each page where it says "Site Support." Click on it and it will take you to a pop-up box where you will see three options. The one I donated to was a 1,000 year subscription for $35.00. I doubt I'll be around in 1,000 years but I'm paid up just in case I am.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
That's a cool book Bob. I give my book a 2 thumbs up so far. I went thru most of it and love all the pics. Thanx again bob!

iggy / Rich

Your welcome ...

Thanks for the review - mucho appreciated!

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S.

I forgot to mention that donations/subscriptions can be paid via PayPal. Here's part of the receipt I got in case anyone is curious about how the forum receives the money ...

PayPal - Jun 12, 2016 09:16:06 PDT

Hello Robert,

You sent a payment of $35.00 USD to Congregate Media. (zuwebmaster@gmail.com)

Footnote: I encourage other members to donate if they can to help support the forum and keep it going.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Bob, Did you send my book? Let me know? any tracking #. THANKS, LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen