ACL Soda Bottle Books Available

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I recently acquired 20 copies of Rick Sweeney's book ...

"Collecting Applied Color Label Soda Bottles" ~ 2002 Third Edition

And am offering them for $60.00 each - which includes shipping anywhere in the Continental U.S. They are in near mint uncirculated condition. In 2002 they were selling for $45.00

If interested, please send me a PM and I will reply with my mailing address where you can send a money order. Please, money orders only, which will need to be received prior to my sending out the book. I have done this before and perhaps some of the members I sold books to in the past will vouch for my credibility.

When I'm done with this I intend to donate 10% of the proceeds to Antique-Bottles.net.

I know some of you have been waiting for these books to become available, so please contact me as soon as possible. They are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Sodapopbob / a.k.a. Bob

ACL Soda Bottle Book (447x600).jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
I got some Questions. How Many Pages? How Many Bottles Pictured, are they Priced or givin a Value or a rareity rating, are pictures color or black & white? how many pictured per page? do you have a sample or example of Page? Let me know. THANKS, LEON.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I got some Questions. How Many Pages? How Many Bottles Pictured, are they Priced or givin a Value or a rareity rating, are pictures color or black & white? how many pictured per page? do you have a sample or example of Page? Let me know. THANKS, LEON.

1. 175 (Heavy/Glossy) Pages
2. Over 1,600 ACL bottles listed
3. About 1,200 of which are shown in color
4. Only the ACL front label is pictured and not the entire bottle
5. Most include values based on actual sales between 1993 and 2001
6. Some do not show values, but those are listed with rarities between C/Common to ER/Extremely Rare
7. There are 25 ACL pictures per page
8. The first 75 pages are devoted to ACL History - Sampling of Brand Histories - Makers Marks - Etc.

Acl Book Contents Page (500x438).jpg

ACL Book sample pages (640x477).jpg

ACL Book snippet about label collectors (600x503) (500x419).jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S.

As you probably noticed, the book is spiral bound so it lays flat or folds back onto itself for easy use.

Here's a picture of Rick Sweeny in front of his impressive ACL collection. The red arrows point to strips of Plexiglas that secure the bottles on the shelf but still allow the labels to be seen. The green arrows show where the Plexiglas is screwed to the shelf. Its a great way to display ACLs, especially in earthquake country like here in southern California.

Rick Sweeney - January 28, 2012  (2).jpg

Last edited:

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Update ...

One Sold - 19 More Available

(I won't be mentioning member names but will maintain ongoing updates)

hemihampton

Reaction score
Bob, I tried to send you a PM but this site wont let me PM anybody anymore, something about no storage space but even after deleting 100's of old messages or trying to delete them still sez no space. Can you e-mail me at hemihampton@wowway.com THANKS, LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wish I could buy one but I can't get ahold of you?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Wish I could buy one but I can't get ahold of you?

I sent you a PM with my personal email address. If you're having a problem with PMs, contact the Administration for help. That's what I had to do when they switched over and they fixed it for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator