6-15-12 Dig in Texas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flasherr

Reaction score
I had some one contact me that knew I was looking for old dump sites. We talked a bit on the phone and decided it was worth me going out to look at. First look didn’t look great very little glass on top none of it purple. He showed me some stuff he dug off the top without really digging. So I got a shovel started digging first I pulled a porcelain number 7 then I found some broken toc stuff maybe a little later. Then I started finding Dr Miles Nervine and heart remedy bottles. Then in less than a foot I found 2 Farmersville Texas Druggist bottles. Unfortunately they were both chipped but excited anyways. This was a virgin dump and very hard digging. These people liked Dr Miles and Dr Kilmer products. I found the first Dr Kilmer’s bottle with Kidney on it and the owner said man I like that bottle. I said hopefully we will find 2 so we both get one. Before it was all said and done I did dig 2 of them. So we each got one. The quantity of bottles wasn’t great for the 7 hrs. I dug but I was pleased with the finds. I had to stop because of the rain. I said I sure wish I can find a soda before the rain. BOOM BABY BOOM I dug one from a small town the top was broken but I was glad just to find it even with the damage. Below are the pictures. I’m sure most are common but if you see something good I’m unaware of please let me know. Also if you can give me some input on values id appreciate this to since I’m normally an Acl soda collector. I will definitely be going back I only got a bout a 4 foot hole about 3 feet deep dug due to hard dirt.

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3023.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
It's pretty exciting when they start to appear...Good job on finding the dump
m6.gif
...I don't see too much that's worth a lot money wise, but they're keepers nonetheless.

(The possible exception may be some of the local druggists) $$$ [:D]

deenodean

Reaction score
nice story and great pics, looks like hard diggin but no stones which ups your percentages......I bet the heart rate goes a little North when the glass starts to appear...[:D]

flasherr

Reaction score
yes it was great to see that glass start popping out so shallow. there were alot of bricks in that small area but i feel it goes deeper just not sure how big the area is. I probably pulled out 20 broken Dr miles bottles. They either had medical conditions or they were getting a good high from it. about 50+ bottles were in that small area that's including the broken ones. very few slicks. i cant wait to get back out there but it drains you to dig in 95+ degree weather. the only thing i didnt find was marbles or a milk. but was excited to at least find a soda even if broken.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Nice Digz, Brian,

Thanks for taking us along. I was wondering if I was about to see that Texas caliche ground, but that looks like genuine dirt. [8D]

Thanks for the in situs!
IMG_3023.jpg

You got me talking to myself, whilst trying to decipher the embossing on this soda:

IMG_3037.jpg

What am dat say? Blue Ridge? Pretty small town that Blue Ridge.

new.castaway.jpg

flasherr

Reaction score
Surface that is just hard clay not caliche. thank goodness the hard dry clay hard enough to dig. Yea pic not as clear as i thought it was but was in hurry to semi clean and snap pics.

Blue Ridge
Bottling Works
Blue Ridge Texas
LJ Anderson
Prop

yes it is a pretty small town and Farmersville Texas that the druggist bottle is from Isnt to big either.

640px-Caliche-5731.jpg
Now thats Caliche. we use it for road base

texasdigger

Reaction score
The BlueRidge bottle is a good one. How good I will let you know in a day or so. That looks to be a great dump. Those types are tough to dig in, and easiest after a good rain. Keep me posted on what comes out. That looks like a good one!

Brad

flasherr

Reaction score
THanks Brad it was only soda i found but glad i did. Do you know anything on the Farmersville drugstore bottle?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!