A couple beers and hutchs,oh there's more.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I'll try to keep it short.
Where I'm at on the river is a bridge a long one that everyone walking by can see me. I look up and there's a lady yelling at me I can't hear what she's saying, I thought it was my wife. I'm about a half a block away I start walking up and I said what's up, are you okay, I'm fine how are you, you want a bottle. Walked back then,turned around ,and the bridge from one end to the other is line with fire trucks and ambulances. I look up, out of the Woods is a EMT walking with a life preserver rope , I said what's up , are you all right I said I'm fine how are you you want a bottle . Am I doing something wrong no we got a call that you needed help I said I told the lady I was fine I walked all the way over there I thought it was my wife am I not supposed to be in here . Well maybe next time you should wear a life preserver an orange life preserver I said I'll keep that in mind . How you going to get out of there , the same way I came in here right there as I pointed to the bank. Then all the sudden I hear a helicopter. I don't know what's going on I walked all the way back to that lady and told her I was fine how long you going to be out here I don't know but an hour all right be careful.

Attachments

• 20230914_170911.jpg
    20230914_170911.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 106

mingoman64

Reaction score
The things one has to endure for a bottle.

Sent from my SM-G990U3 using Tapatalk

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
I'll try to keep it short.
Where I'm at on the river is a bridge a long one that everyone walking by can see me. I look up and there's a lady yelling at me I can't hear what she's saying, I thought it was my wife. I'm about a half a block away I start walking up and I said what's up, are you okay, I'm fine how are you, you want a bottle. Walked back then,turned around ,and the bridge from one end to the other is line with fire trucks and ambulances. I look up, out of the Woods is a EMT walking with a life preserver rope , I said what's up , are you all right I said I'm fine how are you you want a bottle . Am I doing something wrong no we got a call that you needed help I said I told the lady I was fine I walked all the way over there I thought it was my wife am I not supposed to be in here . Well maybe next time you should wear a life preserver an orange life preserver I said I'll keep that in mind . How you going to get out of there , the same way I came in here right there as I pointed to the bank. Then all the sudden I hear a helicopter. I don't know what's going on I walked all the way back to that lady and told her I was fine how long you going to be out here I don't know but an hour all right be careful.
As a retired Professional Firefighter I can tell you a lot of folks like to call 911, very often for imagining something is wrong when it's obviously not. A loud "are you okay?" or "do you need help?" would be prudent. I'm certainly not suggesting anyone should run through a checklist before making the call, but common sense must rule. Unwarranted calls can tie up resources that might otherwise be free to respond to actual emergencies.

Reactions: Roy

Mailman1960

Reaction score
As a retired Professional Firefighter I can tell you a lot of folks like to call 911, very often for imagining something is wrong when it's obviously not. A loud "are you okay?" or "do you need help?" would be prudent. I'm certainly not suggesting anyone should run through a checklist before making the call, but common sense must rule. Unwarranted calls can tie up resources that might otherwise be free to respond to actual emergencies.
I even walked over to her maybe a quarter block I thought it was my wife then I said I'm okay how are you and turn around and walk back and she didn't call and tell him that apparently

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I love the pig embossing on that Hutchinson! I think it might be the first pig I can remember seeing on a soda bottle before.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I love the pig embossing on that Hutchinson! I think it might be the first pig I can remember seeing on a soda bottle before.
I have two different versions of it, the crown top and now the hutch. Have a feeling I'm going to be getting more of everything got a lot of doubles now. Over the winter I'll post them and see if anybody wants some.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I have two different versions of it, the crown top and now the hutch. Have a feeling I'm going to be getting more of everything got a lot of doubles now. Over the winter I'll post them and see if anybody wants some.
They'll be price to move.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Reminds of the time I was digging a dump with my buddy on side of River. next thing we know we hear "FREEZE, PUT YOUR HANDS UP" We look to see 2 Cops with their Guns pulled on us. We're thinking what the Hell is going on here. Ends up some clown that canoed by us in the river called the Cops & said 2 guys were burying a dead body on river side. Not the first time Cops showed up while digging but first time with Guns pointed at our heads. Not fun. LEON.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Reminds of the time I was digging a dump with my buddy on side of River. next thing we know we hear "FREEZE, PUT YOUR HANDS UP" We look to see 2 Cops with their Guns pulled on us. We're thinking what the Hell is going on here. Ends up some clown that canoed by us in the river called the Cops & said 2 guys were burying a dead body on river side. Not the first time Cops showed up while digging but first time with Guns pointed at our heads. Not fun. LEON.
Ah the thing is we have to put up with. But when we're out digging and walking in rivers with shovels, back packs and full of dirt. It might just look like we're, well up to no good.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen