Another 7up Thread ... But Different

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I just received this ...

eBay

Hi Robert - Your order has shipped to ...

Rare Paper Label 7Up Seven Up Bottle with Cap 1930's Lithiated Lemon Soda 8 Dot
Estimated Delivery : Sat. Apr. 23
Tracking Number :
Shipping Service : USPS Retail Ground

jblaylock

Reaction score
I hope it arrives in decent condition. I once bought a Paper label Pepsi Louisville bottle and a bunch of the label came off in shipping.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I heard from Bill Lockhart and he said because the bottle is generic with no makers mark that he cannot help to identify when or by who it was made. As for the paper label, he said he is not familiar with it and has never seen one like it. So I'd say its a good news/bad news situation.

Good News: If Bill Lockhart is not familiar with the bottle or label, then I don't know who is. Which suggest the paper label could be extremely rare are possibly the only known example.

Bad News: If Bill Lockhart is not familiar with the bottle or label, then I don't know who is. Which means we are on our own in trying to identify and date them. Which also means we are pretty much back to square one.

Perhaps after I examine the bottle and label I will discover something about them that will help. If not, then it will remain a mystery bottle until I or someone else stumbles onto something more concrete.

I can't wait until the bottle arrives because now I'm more curious than ever!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I hope it arrives in decent condition. I once bought a Paper label Pepsi Louisville bottle and a bunch of the label came off in shipping.

Josh

I'm concerned about the same thing and hope the seller took that into account when he packed it. If it were me I would wrap a single sheet of copy paper around the bottle and securely tape it in place to keep the label intact, and then wrap it again with padding before boxing. But all I can do now is keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Crossed Fingers -  times seven (365x500).jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
With eBay and the ease of traveling these days, who knows where an item might have originated from? Take the paper label bottle for example, its being shipped from New River, Arizona, which is a desert community located about 50 miles northwest of Phoenix. But I doubt the bottle originated from there, although you never know. I have a daughter who lives near Phoenix and whenever she mails me something it usually takes about two or three days at the most. So if that holds true for the bottle, it should arrive Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

New River, Arizona

Wikipedia ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_River,_Arizona

Google Earth ...

I zoomed around but couldn't find a store or post office. But I expect there's probably something nearby.

New River Arizona.jpg

New River Arizona (2).jpg

Last edited:

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Please be reminded the subtitle of this thread is ...

"But Different"

Well, here's some of the 'But Different' part. Its off topic but might be of interest anyway. About 40 years ago I lived in Oregon and used dig for soda bottles in a dump near where I lived and worked at the time. The dump was located in a somewhat remote area and produced more soda bottles than I could count. In fact, there were so many bottles that I only kept those in excellent condition and left the ratty ones and duplicates behind. I frequented that dump numerous times over a two year period and probably accumulated at least a hundred 'keepers.'

A while back I was contacted by someone who lives in Oregon who found me via a forum PM. Apparently they saw a thread I started or participated in where I mentioned something about living in Oregon at one time and how I used to dig around for soda bottles there. They asked if I would be willing to share the location of the dump with them, which I did and recently sent them detailed instructions on how to find it.

Anyway, it just so happens they are digging at the dump today and are supposed to contact me later this evening or tomorrow and let me know what they found. They also offered me the 'pick of the litter' for having shared the location of the dump with them. I'm not sure I will accept their offer, but I'm definitely interested to see what come up with and can't wait to hear from them. They're going to send me some pictures of their finds and of the dump which I haven't been to in almost 40 years. I'll let you know what they dug up (if anything) just as soon as I hear from them. Its amazing how small the world can become because of the Internet and forums like this. I always wanted to go back to that dump, but was never able to until now - but via another collector and newly found friend!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

Thanks - I've got my fingers crossed for the 7up bottle and the dump!

Here are two of the bottles I found at the Oregon dump that I still have ...

1. Pacific Beverages - Sailboat - Tillamook, Oregon - Located on the coast and home of "Tillamook Cheese" - Somewhat common these days but hard to find 40 years ago.

2. Oregon City Beverages - Located near Portland - Hard to find 40 years ago and still hard to find! I'm hoping my new friends find one of these.

Oregon Bottles 002 (457x640).jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Tracking Update on 7up Paper Label Bottle ... (Pacific Time)

Time and date Place Message

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2016 7:53 AM FEDEX SMARTPOST CHINO , CA Arrived at FedEx location

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2016 4:28 AM BLOOMINGTON , CA Departed FedEx location

Tuesday, Apr 19, 2016 10:01 PM BLOOMINGTON , CA Arrived at FedEx location

Tuesday, Apr 19, 2016 11:09 AM PHOENIX , AZ Left FedEx origin facility

Tuesday, Apr 19, 2016 1:36 AM PHOENIX , AZ Arrived at FedEx location

Monday, Apr 18, 2016 11:18 PM RECIEVED PHOENIX, AZ

Chino California.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member