Common ACL's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Knepper3

Reaction score
So being my collection is at 3 bottles, I have alot to collect. I was wondering as I am looking (some area's don't have cell service out in the sticks to check online) is there a price point that even common's are worth it?

Basically if its not something you have seen and can't look it up but the bottle is clean, the ACL is complete would you pay $1,2,5,??

I dont mind spending $1 or $2 for something I like even if it had little value being I am starting but until I get more familiar just thinking of a guideline. I'd rather miss out than waste $ being I can always go back and hope something is there but if any near mint ACL pre 1960's (or whatever date) is worth at least some amount I could have a general gauge..

iggyworf

Reaction score
Welcome! If you like something and it is in good shape, 5$ is a fair rice for common stuff in my opinion.

Knepper3

Reaction score
Really just whatever I like, I like content - older colorful and artistic. I'm looking for quality (within budget) so I'll build slower. I guess I'll just have to take a risk if I cant look something up. If I waste a few bucks so be it. Was kinda hoping there was a general rule of thumb that a pre 1960/1950/etc in near mint was always worth at least $X.

jblaylock

Reaction score
There's not really a general rule. Take Pepsi for example, single dot bottles are generally worth $5-10, and 60s acl swirl bottles are pretty much worth a couple bucks depending on version.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Knepper3

Reaction score
I appreciate even that. Gives a starting point, just have to pick up pointers like that. I have 2 1 dot bottles, one very sharp and the other nice but color is a little faded and needs to be cleaned. That one was actual dug up in my grandparents yard before they passed and was surprised the label was complete.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward