Puce Eagle & Summer Summer Tree cleaned up pix

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
RE: Puce Eagle & Summer Smmer Tree cleaned up pix

if it was me, and it was a 25 foot brickliner, and we had to WORK for the good bottle...i think a 25' x 5' bricklined privy full of clay between two guys is worth a good flask.

Rick shows us exactly why we do the hobby. We do it for the hunt. The hunt of the good one.

appliedlips

Reaction score

Privydigger,

What do you mean,what about the homeowner?They didn't dig the hole or know anything about digging the hole without Rick and his partner.Most homeowners say they don't want anything when you approach for a permission.This hobby is not about money so for them to want something when they think they can sell it and get rich it is not fair to me.We dig hundreds of holes for every bottle like that,the homeowner's aren't helping us dig the empty ones on the way to the good one.I have met homeowner's that had been approached by diggers that told them they would pay them to dig or give them cash if good stuff comes out.This is a disservice to us all,I can buy bottles at the bottle show why would I buy the ones I dig?
If I were Rick's partner I would want my half in trade or cash.The way their picks work he could pull out the next high dollar bottle and his partner could be left out,again.Seems like a hell of a gamble.It's not about money but we don't dig these big holes for the slicks.

PhilaBottles

Reaction score

yeah dude. we work hard for the bottles and other goodies.

i dont see the point in digging a hole if you cant keep the good ones. [&:]

zanes_antiques

Reaction score

Rick,

That's the kind of bottle you put directly in the vehicle. You do not show those to the homeowner because they can always take what you've dug and finish the hole if it is still being dug. You are not obligated to share unless it's otherwise stated in the agreement, as a "last resort", to get permission.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

Yes doug we are not in it for the money either, so thats why the bottle is not going to be sold, and least not now any way, and my buddy doesn't want half of any thing, If i said here man take this bottle, he wouldn't take it because he didn't dig it with is own hands that's the way we roll, and if this bottle didn't brake up our friend ship by now its never going to, you guys dig your way we dig ours, and if I was on the other end of the shovel and he got it, it would be the exact same way, mabey that's why we hit such good pits, because of the ZEN hahaha any way if I just happen to be digging this next pit, and I see a good bottle, I will just dig in another spot, and let him the better bottle, he would be mad if he knew but That's what I will do, I feel I was blessed with this Rare bottle and and the money don't mean chit! to me, when I dug this bottle, Paul just finished digging half the use layer, and he didn't find any thing whole, so he said I am done with this half, your turn to dig the other half, I said no, just keep digging because I had the summer tree already and I was happy what that, he said nooo dig it, (you never know) so I did and boom! I was in to glass like crazy! the hole must have been right under my half of the use layer, and then the bottle came, I was like omg! and right away I stopped digging, and told him to come back down, he did and got 2 eight sided cobalt sodas and a Washington Taylor and that was the end, so we do things are way (and they work) if they didn't we would not be digging together, I hope that shed some light on the matter of the way we split, it you find it you keep it, its a gamble just like any thing else and we like it the way it is, as for the home owners we give them bottles, if not for the pit from home, and they are happy, you don't dig bottles like this every dig, or every 100 dig, at least i haven't seen it, so like i said I was blessed and if my way of thinking stays the same I will be again. Rick

[/align]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

I showed them all ready it had dirt on it Bhahahah!!!!!!

Oldtimer

Reaction score

He who digs it keeps it is the rule foe me and my digging buddy. If something is sold, we split it.
It's a game we have to see who can dig the next "good one!"...and we lord them over each other for the fun of it too..lol..

Off the top of my head;

One time I told my pal "there's nothing left"....He said "you're wrong. I might find a blue ink!". He bent over, made 2 swipes with his diggerer and out comes a nice AMB blue ink.

One time, my pal had dug in a secret pit, and got skunked. I went the next day, and picked a nice amber carters ink up out of his diggings. It looked like the one of the dozens of busted beer bottles in there with it..

One time I asked my bud to help me move a big rock so a to dig under it. He said "If I drop a nut helping you you'll prolly find a blue ink.." We rolled it away, and I picked up a nice square cobalt ABM ink....

One time my pal says "reach right up in that snake hole and dig one out!" with a big grin, daring me to stick my arm down a 6" hole at a dump...I bent down, looked in, and then reached in and plucked a green torpedo shaped smelling salts with stopper and pewter cap...lol...he was so pissed...

On time, we wre digging, and we were getting skunked. My pal gave up, walked back behind the dump, and sat down on a log.
He reached behind it, gave a swipe with his digger, and found a real nice aqua cone ink..I dug for another 15 minutes and came out skunked.

One time, I asked my pal to help me move a clump of moss and shingles and stuff...this was a hole where I'd dug a nice salts bottle...
He helped me, and before I could look in he moved swift as a snake and snatched up the exact same salts bottle as I had dug...

Memories like these are the best part of digging.

madpaddla

Reaction score

Rick:
I have been following this post and talking with a lot of other folks about it. Just unreal. The dig of a lifetime. It goes beyond thanks for sharing, thanks for creating dreams. WoW.
Madpaddla.
Those that I have talked to about this dig are just amazed. Thanks again.

appliedlips

Reaction score

I have said before in your previous post on splitting,I am glad it work for you guys.I didn't mean to stir the pot but you posted that you had an agreement to sell and split high dollar bottles.The only skill in privy digging is permission getting and probing everything else is elementary.Teamwork is important and you guys do well.I might not dig bottles like that every hundred digs but not far off,I've dug some great ones in the past couple years that never end up in a post.I rather post stuff with a good story or out of the ordinary.Don't need everyone trying to buy the good stuff I keep.Keep up the great digs,Doug

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

Thanks Madpa, I just dig like every one else, to have fun and get that rush of finding old bottles, and when a dig like this comes along I believe it was sent by the man up stairs, that's how I truly feel, my grand mother got me in to digging bottles at age 14 and she just may have been in that hole with me helping me out.[;)] Rick

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers