Rare Dr Fogworth Indian Tonic??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglass

Reaction score
That is interesting... it was purchased by a very well known auctioneer who has been doing bottles for 40 years or more. So, it could be that even seasoned collectors can still get stung by a fake, or that this bottle has substantial value, even as a later (1930s) item. Although, if this had actually been an 1840s colored pontilled Indian Tonic, it would be worth $20,000 or more. I am very interested to get the scoop on this one. If anyone has additional info, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

aateufert

Reaction score
That is interesting... it was purchased by a very well known auctioneer who has been doing bottles for 40 years or more. So, it could be that even seasoned collectors can still get stung by a fake, or that this bottle has substantial value, even as a later (1930s) item. Although, if this had actually been an 1840s colored pontilled Indian Tonic, it would be worth $20,000 or more. I am very interested to get the scoop on this one. If anyone has additional info, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike
Hey Mike! I know this thread is super old but I just bought 2 blue bottles of these and am wondering if you can tell if they are legit or not. I purchased them to smash and use the glass on a project but don’t want to if the are real and old. I hope you or anyone sees this that can help!!

Thanks,
Ada

Attachments

• IMG_8352.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8353.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8355.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Hey Mike! I know this thread is super old but I just bought 2 blue bottles of these and am wondering if you can tell if they are legit or not. I purchased them to smash and use the glass on a project but don’t want to if the are real and old. I hope you or anyone sees this that can help!!

Thanks,
Ada
Fakes. Modern bottles. Not old.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583