Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member New Bottler

worth the price?

Saw an ad for some old uncleaned, unidentified bottles (pic below). would you pay $25? 20? for what you see in pic?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bottles kijiji.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	187773

Senior Member Bottle Master
    was there something in the mix you specifically wanted ? otherwise I don't really see anything there ,at least not that I collect personally

the bottle on the bottom right appears to have writing on it but I can't make out what its for

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    I personally would save my money and use it on better bottles. I agree with RCO, not much there worth buying.

Only bottle I see there that could be worth buying is the purple one in the lower right, and I can't tell what it is so no idea of value. The other bottles I wouldn't take even if they were free, they're just standard slicks of the type you can find hundreds of in the forest.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collecti...ationFlag=true Now here's an interesting ad in your area. I assume the seller will want a pretty high price for them, but you never know.

And if you're going to Richmond Hill anytime soon I'd pick these up. $2.50 each is pretty good for local labeled pharmacy bottles, even newer ones. And one of them is to my knowledge the only embossed ABM druggist bottle from Canada. I didn't think that was something that even existed until I saw this ad. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collecti...ationFlag=true

Member New Bottler
    thanks for the replies!
    I will pass on them haha! or maybe go see what else they have, see if anything embossed and interesting hehe.

Yes those apothecary bottles do look interesting CB! Unfortunately im nowhere near there haha

The amethyst is nice, that's about all. Always find it funny when people are too lazy to even clean their bottles before trying to sell them.

That looks like the typical antique mall grouping of "old" bottles that belong in a recycling bin instead of a store.

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Save your money to spend on one good bottle at a time and you'll end up with a collection you can be far more proud of. Just my philosophy. To each their own.