1 dry suit = 1 Brinkerhoff's !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woody

Reaction score
Great find, Bram.
It's going to be hard to top that one but I'm sure you will.
Right up there with the best of the Stoddard bottles.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: downeastdigger

No damage!

6348FDC833734ED494E29DC824B4C3BB.jpg

WOW just laying there on the bottom of a river for 100 + years that's crazy. Great bottle!

edndlm

Reaction score
Congratulations Bram ! What a great find ! I'm a PADI certified diver & never got trained in dry suits either . I'm sure it is alot harder to stay bouyant and adjust with the extra weights . Be careful of hypothermia it can be dangerous !

surfaceone

Reaction score
53E64C47FB6E4DE18A44D70E4299A214.jpg

Hot Scubitty, Bram!

What a great way to start the year!

While you're fondling that beauty, and have a spare moment or two, could'ya romance the pontil a bit more photographically, please? Heck, give that baby the Arny Freytag treatment, will'ya. She sure is centerfold quality.

I think your tale would be more than Bottle Magazine worthy, should you be so inclined. Did'ya have to chop a hole in the ice?

Happy New Year BRINKERHOFF'S!

006GNDMOB_Arny_Freytag_005.jpg

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: edndlm

Congratulations Bram ! What a great find ! I'm a PADI certified diver & never got trained in dry suits either . I'm sure it is alot harder to stay bouyant and adjust with the extra weights . Be careful of hypothermia it can be dangerous !

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Holy cow Bram! Way to go! .....Wow. I'd be more stunned by the bottle than the hypothermia .
m6.gif
Pretty great find.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Disclaimer...I, in no way, shape or form, meant to minimize the seriousness of hypothermia...[sm=rolleyes.gif]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Awesome Bram. Congrats.

Someone told me to wear a wet suit inside the dry suit. I never tried it because I tore the sleeve seals removing my parents pier one year. Since then, I have only dove wet. But in thoery, it should work. Yeah, I hate how all of the air goes to your feet and the cold just sucks in on every side. . .

Congrats again on the bottle. If you do try the wet suit trick, let me know how it went. Once again - great find!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Thank you all so much for your compliments and/or hilarious comments. Thats some funny stuff there :0 There are a few folks who think it is unwise or otherwise uncool for me to post when I dig or dive and find something really great like this. Too bad. This is my hobby, and sharing it with you folks on line is half the fun for me. Maybe I'll get burned somewhere down the line I suppose, but life is too short to think that way. I appreciate the time you all make to respond, and also those who post their experiences, good or bad.

One of my kids friends got an "underwater video camera". Little does he know he will be lending it to me one of these days :]

I now have a cell phone with a video camera, I'm still getting used to it. I took a long video of walking through the Maine woods last week dump hunting, but I haven't posted it yet. Didn't find anything good, but it will be fun for me to go to myself on You Tube when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground.
thanks again

earlyglass

Reaction score
That is a real nice find Bram! You put in the time, and it pays off.

As someone also mentioned... most of these are weakly embossed. Also, this is actually more likely to be a NY state bottle, from the Mount Vernon glass factory. Either way... it is early, colored, embossed, pontilled, and very nice!

How was the rest of the site? Were there signs of other 1840s era glass?

Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1