1 gal 7-up bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
Does anyone know how old this might be? I'm thinking 1960's? Also how can I get the black marker off the lable? or should I remove the label altogether. I hope this isn't worth much because I threw out over 25 like it (some root beer ect) in the garage clean out I did for the little old lady.

Us54035.jpg

Attachments

• Us54035.jpg
    Us54035.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 88

flasherr

Reaction score
Well, most syrup bottles run $5-$20 here depending on the market and condition. Hate to hear you threw them out. If they were in original boxes the boxes can bring about the same price too. Well, that's my 2 cents worth and a couple tears to hear they have been discarded. Just remember that everything has a value to someone. It didn't take long for me to learn this. I collect bottle caps and when I ask people if they have them they look at me like IM crazy. So this garage your cleaning out save what you can and have a garage sale make a little extra money and help fill the dreams of other collectors and dealers out there.
Brian

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
OUCH! Well I did save over two hundred other bottles[:)] I worked on this lady's house a few times over the years. Her husband died about five years ago he collected everything! He put lots of it up in the attic. Not long ago the three rafters broke and the hole mess all most fell in. She called me to fix it. My helper and I hauled off over 5000lbs to the dump. most of it totally worthless to any sane person lol. The old guy made wine and (other things) There where 5 or 6 boxes of four bottle each of those syrup bottles. We had already brought down LOTS of bottles and other stuff I was taking home so I thought these aren't that old what will I do with all these! Then we pitched them in the trailer... [8|] . I ended up with loads of little clear bottles worth a buck or two or less and threw out the good ones!
o Well, live and learn live and learn![:(]
Glen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter