1830 large US cent!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Pontiled

Reaction score
Thanks Sam, I appreciate the comments! Encased postage is scarce and they even have counterfeits of them, due to the high values. I had a ball writing about them.

I have so many things that I could write about, but the last time I had requested some comments on some stories, there were only a few that showed interest. With all the experiences I've had (seriously), I could write a book about bottle digging, U.S. and Colonial period coins, treasure hunting, etc., I wouldn't know where to begin, but it would be something I'd enjoy, if others were interested in the stories.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Kelley - I put it in a double (2) Dixie cup with the Extra Virgin (olive oil of course). The cups, even doubled, will leak and they have all over the kitchen sink, but no big deal. I suggest a plastic and lidded, because of kids and animals, small container.

Mike - I'd be interested in any and all stories you wish to tell. I guess I'll yank the coin from the oil, but I'm only trying to view it better. Myself, I'll never sell this coin.

Thanks for the help everyone!

leebran20

Reaction score
Mike: as one who devours my old club newsletters over and over, still enjoying the stories on the umpteenth time, I, too, would sure enjoy hearing any and all of the stories from your vast experience. Just wanted to chip in my two-cent piece, since I didn't want to just hope you continue telling a story now and then, like you began doing with the Ghost and Paranormal thread.

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the good sound advice Mike! The coin is out of my pocket now! It doen't have to be pristine for me to enjoy it! Just a great memory.... Happy digg'n! Taz

Pontiled

Reaction score
Okay, now I get the hint! Seriously, I'll begin telling real stories on the "Chat" thread as soon as we get some work done here. However, let me make you a deal. I'll post stories, but don't let your own stories go "bye bye." We need them!!!

luvtodig

Reaction score
thanks Mike, I am glad that others were able to talk you into telling more stories[:D] as I said before, I would love to read them..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583