1940's and 50's bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Rockfish

Reaction score
We took a walk and found these bottles pretty much right on the surface. Most are liquor, soda, and Mason jars. Anyone have any thoughts?

Tr50092.jpg

Attachments

• Tr50092.jpg
    Tr50092.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Tr50092.jpg
    Tr50092.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 81

madman

Reaction score
hey rockfish very nice i really like that teem bottle!! suncrest and the wink bottle are cool to !! keep all the sodas and the mason jars, is it a dump try digging?? mike

Rockfish

Reaction score
Madman,
This is the "Texize" collection. The family told me that there was a HOBO hangout here.
We found rusted springs, part of chairs, and barely reconizable burn barrels. The "boys" were only there for a few years. I will dig some, but I think this is it for this pile. I have to backpack two miles for these, no shortcuts so far.

Thanks for the response! Rockfish

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Rockfish. Looks alot like what I've been finding lately. There can be some good stuff in these later dumps. May I suggest NOT cleaning the ACL (painted label) bottles until they have had several day's for the paint to stabilize. Clean them too soon and the labels can come off. Are any of the liquor bottles embossed with, "FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS SALE OR REUSE OF THIS BOTTLE"?

Rockfish

Reaction score
Gary,
Thank You for the post. I will make sure to let the dirt dry for a few days before cleaning. Yes, MOST of what I found was labeled "Federal Law forbids sale or reuse of this bottle". A couple examples of these are in the photo above...Front right. I know, it's a sad picture for individual bottles.
I'd like to see a pic of your bottles [;)] Rockfish

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Rockfish. Bottles marked "FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS..." were made only between 1932 & 1964. Since you asked here is a photo of some of the ones I've found. I love to share! Dixie Bell Gin(on far left), the tall one in the middle is a 4/5 qt. Smirnoff, I believe (that's my fovorite), to the left of it is a Lord Calvert embossed, " FOR MEN OF DISTINCTION", I guess the ladies didn't drink it, I'll post a close up of the one next to it so you can read what it say's. I have started collecting these type. They can only get more valuable...

Ay73474.jpg

Attachments

• Ay73474.jpg
    Ay73474.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 85

glopf43

Reaction score
Here's a close-up of the CLEAR FRUIT" great shape and Patented...Thanks!

Rp42477.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42477.jpg
    Rp42477.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 99

Rockfish

Reaction score
Gary,
Your liquor bottles are cool. Mine are boring in comparison.
I found a new site today[:)] I am going to try to forget about it until I finish the area I started.
Thanks for the pictures.

For others reading this: Here's a few bottles from my 4os-50's dumping ground site:
I saw a Lamb mason listed at $6. I don't know anything about the other two.

Yw68133.jpg

Attachments

• Yw68133.jpg
    Yw68133.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 109

CJCrystalmines

Reaction score
Gary, Are there any of the "Federal Law Forbids" that aren't worth keeping? I know where there's alot but have only been taking a few of them. I didn't think they were worth anything, since there was so many of them laying around.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem