1940's and 50's bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Rockfish, I just found a mason like that in your photo. They are worth a few dollars[;)]. As far as the others, I don't know. I'd guess the small ribbed one to be shampoo or some other grooming product...

C.J. As a general rule the more identifiable a bottle/jar the more potintial value. So ones with brand name, embossing's, patent numbers, etc. are the best. The more elaborate the better! And dates/age are important; at least wth the "Federal Law..." bottles you alway's know there between 1932-1964. As for me, I keep them all. But ,I doubt the "plain" ones will ever amount to much. Here's a photo of a "COCOA MARSH" jar. Logo embossed and marked on the bottom, we KNOW for sure the origin of the jar. This makes it more collectable than an unmarked one (and I like the grinning lion logo). Plain ones are never going to be worth anything[:'(]. There just glass...

Ki19770.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19770.jpg
    Ki19770.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Ki19770.jpg
    Ki19770.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 73

Rockfish

Reaction score
Hey,
My hubby found his first cobalt today! What is it? When is it? There is a triangle within another triangle and D 4 on the bottom, all raised.

I think I might have something with the Rolling Rock. I wrote Rolling Rock company for help. It says, Do not litter, for once I'm glad someone did. There is no infamous "33" that I can find. I Like it either way.

Kinsey Liquor... found in the "HOBO" area. Dixie Belle's, Old 1889 brand and others were found at this site.

Thanks, and Happy hunting!

Wu60441.jpg

Attachments

• Wu60441.jpg
    Wu60441.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 84

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members