7up BOTTLES ~ RED vs ORANGE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RCO

you might remember my post from the fall when i found a 1937 7 up bottle from toronto, ontario in the woods under some leaves not that far from where i live but its far too faded to determine the original colour on the label . i just assumed it was orange but it could of been red but its too faded to ever know for sure . definity a hard to find bottle , yet to see another one in my travels and i've been to all the antique stores in the area .

46CC78B8406E45308254A8E73B5AA99C.jpg

".....too faded to ever know for sure.". Understatement of the day.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
RCO ~

Thanks for sharing your 1937 bottle. Too bad its not in better shape. And not because of my search for red vs orange bottles, but because it would be nice for you to have one in great shape, which I hope you eventually find someday.

~*~

Osia ~

Your 1937 Atlanta, Georgia orange label helps confirm their existence. Its possible my red label was just a west coast and/or California thing. It would be interesting to see more red label examples and where they originated from.

By the way, I realize its a free country, but in the future please don't berate someone like RCO (at least not on any of my threads) whose only intention is to share and add some perspective to the topic. I'm sure his primary reason for posting his faded label was simply to illustrate that Canada also produced a 1937 bottle, irregardless of the exact color of the label. We should work together for the benefit of all on these topics and not against one another.

Thanks

Bob

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Come on Bob, that's what I would call 'observational humor'. It is a form of humor based on the premise "it's funny because it's true.". Here are the laughing smilieys I left out. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Now for the definition of berate:
to scold or condem vehemently and at lenght

My sincerest apologies to RCO and youself if my feeble attempt at humor was misinterpreted.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Osia ~

Apology accepted and no major harm done. I felt bad for posting that but felt even badder (is that a word?) for RCO because he was just trying to help out and take an active part in the discussion. In my opinion its all about comradery and the more we can help each other out the better it will be for all of us in the long run.

By the way, I had to look in my Thesaurus to find the word "berate." I felt anything harsher than that would be inappropriate.

Thanks again.

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
PS ~

But ya just never know what "condemnating" words my Thesaurus might come up with in the possibility of future "contraventions." (Lol) [:D]

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
And now that that's behind us, how'z about we see some more of those ...

1937 Red labeled 7up bottles and where they're from?

Gracias'

Bob

green dragon

Reaction score
Don't have any 1937s, wish I did . sadly all but a handful of my bottles are packed away in my sone-to-be-ex-wife's shed :( . need to get em out too so they don't freeze and break ( some being full ). soon maybe

keep postin bob, always enjoy the early stuff you find ( and still have fond memories of your root beer shootout a couple years back :)

~ AL

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Here's what the guy states is a 1937 7up bottle which appears to have the red label. Click on his name (DSMc) at the top and you will see in the pop-up box where he is from Southern Sierra, California. Although inconclusive, the red label bottles might have been a California thing. That's why I am seeking to see other red label 1937s to see if they were made elsewhere in the country?

By the way, the southern Sierra area is where I purchased my 1937 bottle in Randsburg, Ca. during my road trip last summer.

Bob

* It bugs me not to be able to take a damp cloth and wipe some of the dirt off the guy's bottle for a closer look at the label. (Lol) [:D]

http://pinterest.com/pin/188729040605283760/
95C702C146A4473198D550C070732115.jpg

Attachments

• 95C702C146A4473198D550C070732115.jpg
    95C702C146A4473198D550C070732115.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 78

RCO

Reaction score
its not in bad shape considering it had been outdoors under some leaves since the 30's . just think how many winters that bottle had been thru and they get cold here . i need to check that property again and see if there is any more bottles , cause i never fully checked it out . if there was 1 maybe there is some more .
i never see any really old 7 up bottles for sale here , usually just bottles from 50's-60's era there is lots of those around . i never even know any embossed 7 up bottles existed from canada until i found that one .

splante

Reaction score
not to change the subject but how did this guy get away with calling this a near mint bottle?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-UP-Embossed-8-Dot-ACL-Lady-Soda-Bottle-W-Cap-Confairs-Bottle-Near-Mint-NR-/181057981643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a27e58ccb&nma=true&si=kQnWNnGSmOWt0uoXlhrJ71NP%252FBI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson