A NEW BOTTLE STORY I WROTE FOR AB&GC MAG. 1/2/14 ISSUE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
cacarpetbagger said:
Nice read, I agree it is good to get out and dig with friends even if you don't dig a great bottle. I never tire of seeing the puce eagle. Never dug one but did dig one broke in half once. Still hope to dig one someday. However I did find one of these.
175EF99A9BC7472BBBA6A4662BE83741.jpg
Awesome Townsend ! There were only 2 occasions in 7 years since I dug the flask where I saw pictures of another(dug) puce eagle.One was Chris from Baltimore.It was almost whole with a chipped top and cracks and the other was a half of the flask nothing else. If you find one, post it up pucey needs a friend :). Just to find one is tough but to find one in the shape that mine is in will be next to impossible I think. Very thin glass,luck of the fall. That bottle was meant to be in my hands the day the guy took the last sip of hooch and tossed in down the hole. Keep on digging weirder things have happened. :)

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
The one you mention Chris digging is the one I was talking about. I was lucky enough to be in on that dig. It was in two pieces if I remember right and fit perfectly back together. And yea there was lip damage. Still a rush.

Dugout

Reaction score
Hey Rick,I am glad you put up your article on here as it didn't work on my email. Another nice job you have done. Keep up the grand work.Renee`

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
cacarpetbagger said:
The one you mention Chris digging is the one I was talking about. I was lucky enough to be in on that dig. It was in two pieces if I remember right and fit perfectly back together. And yea there was lip damage. Still a rush.

Oh I didn't know it was in two pieces. It looked wickedly cracked,but still standing.I know mine is very thin. I don't know how it made it. Well I kind of do, I think it slid down the shit house wall nose first and got saved in the soft stuff. I would like to see another digger find another one. But if not thats OK to [8D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Dugout said:
Hey Rick,I am glad you put up your article on here as it didn't work on my email. Another nice job you have done. Keep up the grand work.Renee`

Thanks Renee I wonder why it didn't work on your email. It worked on others.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
cannibalfromhannibal said:
Jimbo, I couldn't help it. I DIE 10 x's every time I see that puce eagle! Jack

The Eagle is more of a mascot to me then just an item on a shelf. My wife says i'm weird for taking to many pictures of it.I had it going on 6 years now and I never tire of snapping portrait's of it.[:D] Sometimes I just do things to get her going like takin pix with the eagle by the Christmas tree un wrapping presents lol. I think I will take it to a dinner and have lunch with him [8D] I know I know I run the risk of braking it. I took it to Dyottville in Philly and he came back home alive. Lunch should be OK

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
That's funny! Some years ago I left Idaho on a trip to Connecticut to visit relatives, and on my way I stopped in a historic mining town called Phillipsburg in Montana. I noticed there was some excavating being done and being a weekend, nobody was there, so I jumped in and discovered a shallow privy. I dug a few goodies but the best was a hutch soda from Phillipsburg, the only local bottle I found. Everywhere I stopped I took funny pics of "Hutch" in poses. One on the sidewalk "lying dead on his side from a gunshot wound" outside the saloon in Deadwood where Wild Bill Hickok was shot, one at Mt. Rushmore captioned "Mt. Hutchmore" as I captured him in the middle of the presidents, another in the Appalachian Mts. with a branch sticking out of the top captioned "Hutch, getting in touch with his roots",....etc. etc. I would email the pics to the relatives which did nothing to help convince them I was not certifiable..........but it was fun looking for odd places to take the shots, kinda like the Travelocity gnome. Jack

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
PS- at least you are BRAVE! I have to admire that. I am getting better with "Wilcox" as I felt it was more a curse than a gift when I found out the potential value. Got so's I was afraid to handle the damn thing at all! I just have to remind myself it isn't the only nice bottle I have and so even without it I am blessed. Jack

rvcdigger

Reaction score
[attachment=Good Willy Friday 02911.jpg]

Attachments

• b6ef678f204a49e0bda795c1363f3be4.jpg
    b6ef678f204a49e0bda795c1363f3be4.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics