A truce and a chance to make it all go away bottlegod.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
No Steve, not you. I just saw what I though to be suspiciously likely to re-flare the dead burning horse. You've seen it happen, everyone has.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Looks like my image post was the one in question? It is gone now, so...

It represented a lighthearted attempt to decrease the gravity of the scenario here, not an expression intended to make the whole forum look like a-holes. Ya certainly don't need me for that. Meant no offense to anyone with it. Glad everything worked out between the involved parties.

It also seems that someone deleted my copper artifact images/posts elsewhere. Dunno why, as they were totally inoffensive. Someone a tad jelly perhaps?

Seems as if some people need to get a humor transplant, like, immediately... [8|]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Plummy.. please stop feeling sorry for yourself, it's truly uncomely..

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

...not an expression intended to make the whole forum look like a-holes. Ya certainly don't need me for that.

HEY!!! I resemble that Backhanded attempt at an apology....[8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I say from now on we refer to these kinds of threads as "puce eagles" [8D]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey...

My computer is back up!!! What'd I miss? What's going on? What's happening?
Something was stuck in the cooling fan of the hard drive (no pun intended!) and the computer kept overheating and shutting down...

Oh well...

About that suspect picture of Rick... that was my fault. We were scuba diving in Hartford, Ct. I found the rubber festaris on the bottom of the river and snuck it into Rick's bag, (sorry, dive bag) when he wasn't looking. Then, back up on the boat he was going through his finds and initially, he was quite startled because he thought it was an eel!!!! Gods honest truth!!!! then he saw what it was and that was when I snapped his picture. So Rick, I appologize for hiding that rubber instrument of destruction in your dive bag and for taking your picture with it... you know it was meant in good humor. Thank you for being my close friend and for introducing me to many bottle divng locations. You know it means a lot to me.
Thanks for calling me and I hope that in some small way, I was able to help smooth things over.

Steve/Sewall: thanks for the E-mail and for your most gracious attempt to understand things, for being positive and trying to put this all into a better light. You know I hold you in high regards and have a deep respect for you, your knowledge and the unique information you bring to the forum and manner in which you do so. I look forward to meeting you in person, sharing a beer and a laugh. I'd like to dive some of the places in you neck of the woods and I promise not to "sneak" anything wierd, vile, strange, unprofessional, lewd or vulgar into the dive bag in order to take a "gotcha" photo of you to share on the forum!

Epackage: I can't wait to do some diving in the smelly old Pasaic River! I grew up in Patterson, lived on Peal Street, Hillman Street, Main Street and North First Street, so I used to know my way around. Was born in the old Patterson General Hospital. I would love to make a "road trip" to meet you, Steve and some of the other hard-corps NJ bottle diggers, divers and Bottle "Jedis"

I learned a valuable lesson a few years back after a verbal confrontation with another forum member, "... certain issues can be blown out of proportion to the point where it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth (no pun intended) and it diminishes the bottle forum site... yes, it is an open forum and can be used to voice dissatisfaction, disbelief and indignation. But if it spirals out of control and gets down to name calling, personal attacks and demeaning banter, then we all need to step back, take a deep breath and take the high road in our effort to convey or feelings."

I hope all is well in "Antique-Bottle Forum" land and I for one am still so very happy I joined years ago.
Now, where the hell did I put my beer...

Wayne Godfrey
Southern Maine Diver

58453B3928D749D78DFF77962F78F4F0.jpg

Attachments

• 58453B3928D749D78DFF77962F78F4F0.jpg
    58453B3928D749D78DFF77962F78F4F0.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 58

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Well. I'm really glad that things worked out better. It's a lesson in humility for all of us (okay maybe just me[:)]) to step back when things make us angry and to do the right thing. Way to go guys!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Now there's a face we haven't seen in a while Lloyd Bridges Sea Hunt how you been. Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop Drinking Wayne!!Thanks for checking in Wayne and helping out smoothing things over. Come around more often maybe the forum will look like it did 4 years ago. Hey did you hear the one about the Polack Italian, and the Puce Eagle....ah never mind

CD33E4AD1F20422BBD409E9B34E8C98D.jpg

Attachments

• CD33E4AD1F20422BBD409E9B34E8C98D.jpg
    CD33E4AD1F20422BBD409E9B34E8C98D.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members