age of bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, went digging after work today. to tired to take pics. so i scan this bottle trying to get age i may be getting closer to the older things. it's broken[:(] the embossing i can make out is franz thoene, there is part of an eagle, baltimore. thanks for looking, all help appreciated. thanks rhona

Pn35252.jpg

Attachments

• Pn35252.jpg
    Pn35252.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 58

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
perfume bottle? base embossed with a diamond 2 # after that, the glass top is shape like a diamond.

Lj23376.jpg

Attachments

• Lj23376.jpg
    Lj23376.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 56

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, I don't have my all referance material transfered from my old PC yet but that bottle is probably 1880s or 1890s. Your in a good era fore some neat finds.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Rhona, that looks likes a transition blob to me. That was the period between blob tops and hutches although I forget the actual time period which they did that. Just remember that the deeper you dig, the older it will get!

P.S. ~~~ Warren, I have been wanting to tell you this for a while but never got around to it. Your slogan “work is for people who don’t dig bottles†just about sums up all the bottle diggers around here except for me. They all don’t have jobs and all they do is dig bottles and make their income off of selling bottles on eBay or to other collectors. To me, some seem like bums but I have always considered bottle digging an addiction so I can see why they do that. They are all really nice people but I would still like to conceder bottle digging a hobby and not a profession. I know a guy who is 60, that smokes, and doesn’t have job but can still dig a six foot hole at a dump faster than me with out getting out of breath and I respect that he is still a “working manâ€. If I offended you at all I am sorry and I didn’t mean to.

capsoda

Reaction score
Naw Tom, You haven't offended me. I'm retired. Made my little bit working like a fool and now all I have to do is nothing if I want. But bottles are one of my favorite hobbies. There aren't enought high end bottles dug around here any more to make any money off of but there are people who try.

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna looks like you may have hit paydirt lol !! thats an oldie! man i hope youve found the old layer mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday