AHH! Check out all these bottles my grandfather left behind(edit-pictures resized+added 40 pictures)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

vsmack

Reaction score
RE: AHH! Check out all these bottles my grandfather left behind(edit-pictures resized)

They should be worth something. My doubt is if it's worth selling them on ebay or keeping them. I personally do not drink, and I won't be able to enjoy the liquor. I don't even know if they're safe to drink. Anyways, I posted them up to see how much interest there is and how much, etc. BTW, anyone watching, please comment or pass this around if you can please. These are nice bottles that should be in hands of collectors or museums, not in my house. Even the old calculator in one of the pictures should in display in a museum for everyone to enjoy. I even have an old iron, sewing machine, royal crown bottle, zippo lighter, I even have a bottle of poison, which I forgot to post. The poison says "VENENO" which means poison in spanish.

capsoda

Reaction score
RE: AHH! Check out all these bottles my grandfather left behind(edit-pictures resized)

The ones that are open should be poured out. I sent you a PM. Actually two.

marjorie040

Reaction score

VS,
Whew! is right!
Please tell me Grandfather owned a bar or liquor store!!
Sorry I can't help but enjoyed your work!
Marjorie

epgorge

Reaction score

Those unopened and full of content are very valuable, particularly those such as the Hennessy which would only improve with age. The dewers collection was interesting, as it is a U.S. bar-well booze. Nice colletion though and I would sell it as a collection of piecemeal it on ebay. At least the wine and whiskeys, scotch, etc.

They could command a high price. If you know of any connoisseurs, check them first.

Ep

vsmack

Reaction score

, as it is a U.S. bar-well booze. Nice colletion though and I would sell it as a collection of piecemeal it on ebay. At least the wine and whiskeys, scotch, etc.

Thanks for the info. Right now I'm contacting ebay to see if I can sell these through live auction or through their regular bid procedure. Personally I don't know any connoisseurs, but I'll see what I can find or if anyone could suggest someone please do so.

Marjorie, thanks for the appreciation. Btw, my grandfather didn't own a bar. So imagine how much he drank. He was an alcoholic, not a problematic one, but he kinda drowned himself sometimes for like 15 years, and then stopped drinking entirely his last 6 years of life. He actually lived to be 91. Tough guy and everything, he even survived a hit in the head with a metal pipe because some guys wanted to rob/kill him (this happened when he was 70 something). He had like a dent in his head, not that noticeable, but I could tell. I freaked out when I saw him in the hospital because I was a kid, He was all wrapped up in the bed with bandages, especially in the head. He just told me to come close and not to be scared. He was my second dad, great guy. Miss him and my grandma too.

zanes_antiques

Reaction score

I would be interested in the full unopened bottles. I'd be buying them to stock my liquor cabinet though. The Scotch would be the first one to go.

epgorge

Reaction score

Id'e be interested in a case of scotch, particularly any single barrel scotch, rather than "blend" scotch. The Hennesey would be my second choice for a case. Email me on that, please. Let me know what you want per case, bottle, !

You can sell these unopened bottles of spirits on Ebay, yet they must be sold as a collectors item, preferably under "bottles" category, or collections, at least.

I believe you also have to say this is being sold collection purposes only. I have seen some single barrel (one scotch from one barrel rather than a blend from several) bottles go for as high as $110 dollars. Just for a bottle. With scotch, you see, the older it gets, the better it gets!!
Let me know what you want. If I can afford a case I will buy a case. If I can afford a bottle, I will buy a bottle. God bless your Grandfather.

Ep

zanes_antiques

Reaction score

I would like maybe just a couple of choice scotch for my own drinking enjoyment.

vsmack

Reaction score

I haven't received an email from ebay yet, but I'll keep you guys up to date. Shipping through USPS is illegal, but I see that people on ebay do it anyways, and I don't know how it's allowed. Check it out, like this item, http://cgi.ebay.com/Jack-Daniels-750ml-Green-Label-Bottle-and-Tin_W0QQitemZ230086389946QQihZ013QQcategoryZ822QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Then on the usps web site, it says it's illegal to ship alcohol/wine. Is there a loophole?

bottleguy58

Reaction score

I can tell you that I had my Coca Mariani bottle listed on ebay and it took about 2 hours before they took it off and sent me a warning, even though I clearly stated it was for collectible purchase only. When I bought it from a shop in Vermont, it had to be sent from a liquor license holder. Good Luck, I'm gonna drink mine if you guys don't want it!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter