Amber Poland Moses Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I found a poland spring bottle in an antique shop. It has the original ball shaped glass stopper. The bottle and stopper are both amber and it does have facsimily (sp) on the back. I know its a repro and I'm considering buying it. Is it worth the $5 that they are asking? Swizzle

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The quarts tend to run aroud the $20 range, The pints usually get about double, maybe more on ebay. That's W/O shipping but with the ball in cork stopper. They were gins from 1935. I'd pay $5 in a heartbeat.

swizzle

Reaction score
I don't believe its the ball in the cork type. To me it looks like a ground stopper and lip and its gotta be a cork. Did they really make repro's of these for gin in 1935? Swizzle

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Here's mine, the cork is stuck in the bottle. I may have to correct that but they usually break. Yup, right into the late 60's. Some whiskey too and screw top. It was a deal the cut with a distiller who said they'd use their water in the process. I don't think they did the actual distilling. I'll check one one my labels for the company if you want.

16D0741CB0DB446FB8AAFB181BAC66DA.jpg

Attachments

• 16D0741CB0DB446FB8AAFB181BAC66DA.jpg
    16D0741CB0DB446FB8AAFB181BAC66DA.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 76

swizzle

Reaction score
Yeah if you want to post the info that'd be great. Thanx again for your help. Swizzle

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
My latest Gin is a '72 so I was off in the years a little. The distiller was Lawrence and Co out of Boston but they moved later to Lewiston ME and stopped making whiskey.

swizzle

Reaction score
Well I bought it. It looks to be a little smaller then a quart and the top is the same as yours with the cork in the bottle. The top on mine has a big chip missing. I can always turn it to the back for display though. Around the base on the back mine say's "FAC-SIMILE OF FIRST POLAND WATER BOTTLE, HIRAM RICKER & SONS, INC.". On the back in the center is the federal law blah blah blah thing. I believe its a half quart. Its definately not a quart. Swizzle

Edude203

Reaction score
i also have one of the bottles its Clear though and the bottle stoper is missing [:(]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter