Amber Union Calabash Flask Clasped Eagle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Well, it's been on for very little time and is already near the top of my rough estimate of 3-4 hundred... For those who thought it was cute to offer $150, that bottle is obviously going to go WAY higher than that. And I think you all who made low offers knew it, BTW.

Anyone want to make a prediction? I'm upping my original guess of 3-4 hundred to $700 to $800.

I think the listing looks good, BTW. Decent pics from every angle and a very fair description.

Jim G

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Cute!! If I knew it was worth that much I would have bought it for the $175.00 she offered it to ME for!!!When I saw that it had gone up to $370.00, I couldn`t wait to get here, cause I knew some smart### would have something to say.Just let it go.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Hi Tom, when I responded, I did not mean to step on your toes. I have dealt with you on ebay, and have great respect for your taste in bottles. I know you are a true collector who doesn't have to have perfect pristine bottles. I was just saying as how I was uncomfortable with the offers being made as I knew the bottle was really very good. It's obvious you made what you felt was a fair offer, you even passed up a very fair offer back. I kinda wish you had wound up with the bottle, I know you would have appreciated it for what it was, not what it is worth. I am also very happy for Julie, I hope it goes through the roof. Good luck to all!
Bill

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Hello William, I`m so glad you responded.I was starting to feel like some sort of a predator.I didn`t have any Idea what that bottle was worth.To me it was worth $150.00. my estimate was $225.00-$275.00. on ebay.Saratoga is giving me way to much credit.Thanks for the reply Bill, I didn`t know that was you until I read your profile.Good to hear from you.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle_head9

Hello William, I`m so glad you responded.I was starting to feel like some sort of a predator.I didn`t have any Idea what that bottle was worth.To me it was worth $150.00. my estimate was $225.00-$275.00. on ebay.Saratoga is giving me way to much credit.Thanks for the reply Bill, I didn`t know that was you until I read your profile.Good to hear from you.

Fair enough, bottle_head9, I apologize. I'm not a flask collector, but I knew it was going to be worth quite a bit more than $150. It would appear it is going to go for far more than my first estimate. It just seemed like the numbers I was seeing offered were patently too low. You obviously offered what you thought it was worth. Fair enough. Now we'll let the market dictate what it is worth (more than most of us would pay, I suspect).

Common mold, but going to be WAY pushed up by the pontil and awesome color. Towhead, thanks for telling us about it. Always fun to watch a GOOD bottle run the ebay route. Especially when I'm not trying to buy it.[;)]

Jim G

beendiggin

Reaction score
I would love to find that for $17.50 , then I would ask them to show me the rest of the "old bottles" they had for sale. What a find!

towhead

Reaction score
Thanks for the input,Tom, Jim, Barb, Woody and Paul.

I was hugely surprised when it-pretty much-got an instant bid! Fun.

-Julie

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause