Amber Union Calabash Flask Clasped Eagle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

athometoo

Reaction score
ok , this will start off sounding bad . but on a deer lease this year the rules were 1 buck and 5 does . you try not to shoot does with young fawns but it happens. then the fawn runs around bawling for mama . although already weaned they are still helpless as the weather and wind in the texas panhandle is bad . been a very dry year and we couldnt leave that last time without filling up the feeder ($200 worth of corn) right before we left . it may make the little ones dependant on it but it will only last until middle of feburary . hopefully some winterwheat or rye will allow them to survive . my father taught me to always give back and try to do what you can . i can sleep alittle easier knowing that some will survive if only on a protein poor corn . sam

towhead

Reaction score
Buttons? I've heard some make cribbage boards....I like them for decorations. I have a large ceramic or stone buck on a bay window with antlers around it, looks pretty cool.

-Julie

towhead

Reaction score
Thanks Bill. Hope it will be interesting. He has never had anything put on EBy.

-Julie

towhead

Reaction score
Thanks Sam, James and Woody for your input on the deer. Anyway, the last two days only had 12!! Maybe another week, and the "party" will be over, if the weather continues to cooperate....

-Julie

woody

Reaction score
The weather is breaking here, too, Julie.
Bring on spring..........[:D]
I have a friend who makes knife handles out of antlers.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle_head9

ORIGINAL: justanolddigger

I look forward to it on ebay, I was uncomfortable offering on this forum, seems most just wanted a deal. I didn't really know its true worth, and I'd hate to lowball someone. I think it will do extremely well, much more money than I hear being offered here, but I will watch
Bill
Ya, hate to get a deal.Do you think the person who found it will go back to where he bought it for $17.50 and give some money back after it sells.I don`t think so.There is nothing wrong with the price that was offered.She didn`t accept it.Actually the bottle was offered to me last night for $175.00, which I still think is a deal, but I didn`t buy it.I`m sure the bottle will go between $225.00 and $275.00 on ebay.I didn`t lowball her,I didn`t want to pay more than $150.00 for the bottle.End of story.

I too think the offers on here were low. My bet is it goes between $300 and $400 on "the bay". It's a great color, and, while a common mold, it has both the iron pontil and the color going for it. I think people will be surprised at how much $ that thing will pull in.

Towhead, make sure to post when it goes on ebay, so those of us who can't afford to watch flasks are reminded to put it on the watch lists.

Jim G

bottle_head9

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: saratogadriver

ORIGINAL: bottle_head9

ORIGINAL: justanolddigger

I look forward to it on ebay, I was uncomfortable offering on this forum, seems most just wanted a deal. I didn't really know its true worth, and I'd hate to lowball someone. I think it will do extremely well, much more money than I hear being offered here, but I will watch
Bill
Ya, hate to get a deal.Do you think the person who found it will go back to where he bought it for $17.50 and give some money back after it sells.I don`t think so.There is nothing wrong with the price that was offered.She didn`t accept it.Actually the bottle was offered to me last night for $175.00, which I still think is a deal, but I didn`t buy it.I`m sure the bottle will go between $225.00 and $275.00 on ebay.I didn`t lowball her,I didn`t want to pay more than $150.00 for the bottle.End of story.

I too think the offers on here were low. My bet is it goes between $300 and $400 on "the bay".   It's a great color, and, while a common mold, it has both the iron pontil and the color going for it.  I think people will be surprised at how much $ that thing will pull in.  

Towhead, make sure to post when it goes on ebay, so those of us who can't afford to watch flasks are reminded to put it on the watch lists.

Jim G
Isn`t that what makes bottle hunting exciting?The hunt for deals.Looking for bottles wherever you can and trying to aquire them?Whether it`s in a privy, in a dump, under a porch, at a bottle show , on ebay, on a bottle collecting site?Just because you don`t like, can`t afford, or just don`t buy bottles, don`t put someone down for looking for a bargain.I`ve had many people from this forum bid lowball prices on my ebay auctions.That bottle was fair game.Julie is a big girl, and although she came here looking for a price, she also came here to sell that bottle.And although she didn`t sell it here, she certainly was trying to.Go back a few posts, she was taking open offers.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson