American Bottles & Flasks book

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whittled

Reaction score
I tried to donate when I signed up again but I guess it didn't take sooo.

Roger, can you make sure this goes to you although I don't know how it works?

This all goes to the forum.
The book you know, the condition you will soon, read on.
Condition is poor. It's ex librarary and the front and back boards are about to come off sort, of.. The back worse than the front. No DJ. The pages are clean and complete and none are loose or missing... yet. It's still solid enough for use but....
That's as a book collector, as a bottle collector it's not bad.
All proceeds are for the forum including media shipping at my cost. Whatta think? Wantta bid?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That would be McKearin's "American Bottles & Flasks & Their Ancestry"?
Great book, a kind forum member sold me a copy a while back.
I'm impressed such a new forum member is already supporting the forum , keep up the good works[;)].

whittled

Reaction score
Yup, that's the book and this is the forth woollybear I've taken outside . I don't know how they get in here Matt.
Oh, do I digress? If you want pics of the book I can doo that too!!

82CBA3FB3EE24A93A1310E692F0CA1A9.jpg

Attachments

• 82CBA3FB3EE24A93A1310E692F0CA1A9.jpg
    82CBA3FB3EE24A93A1310E692F0CA1A9.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 61

whittled

Reaction score
I should maybe note an end time. I'm gonna spend the extra 40¢ and go 10 days so the 24th at 9:00PM est or dst, whatever it is.

glass man

Reaction score
YOU ARE RIGHT ! THIS A GREAT CHANCE TO GET A COPY OF THIS VERY IMPORTANT WORK,REGARDLESS OF THE OUTER CONDITION IT IS THE INFO INSIDE THAT IS GREAT! I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO BUY MY COPY FROM MY LOCAL LIBRARY WHEN THEY WAS GETTING RID OF THEIR "OLD "BOOKS! IT IS A MUST HAVE IF ONE WANTS TO COLLECT OLD GLASS ,ESPECIALLY HISTORICAL FLASKS AND WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT ALL THE OLD GLASS HOUSES OF AMERICA!

whittled

Reaction score
What am I gonna have to do. Can I shill out a bid? Cause I will you know. It will save me shipping and end up as just a donation, which works for me. I really thought there must be someone out there that want's to both have this important works and support the forum at the same time.
Aww heck, Roger, can I guarantee a $20 donation and start this off?

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: whittled

I tried to donate when I signed up again but I guess it didn't take sooo.

Roger, can you make sure this goes to you although I don't know how it works?

This all goes to the forum.
The book you know, the condition you will soon, read on.
Condition is poor. It's ex librarary and the front and back boards are about to come off sort, of.. The back worse than the front. No DJ. The pages are clean and complete and none are loose or missing... yet. It's still solid enough for use but....
That's as a book collector, as a bottle collector it's not bad.
All proceeds are for the forum including media shipping at my cost. Whatta think? Wantta bid?

I am all for supporting this forum financially, however, you may want to contact admin first and be sure to get a reply. I donated to the forum and I got a thank you message from a World of Warcraft forum. It has been months and I have been unable to get in touch with admin. I went back to PayPal and they would not refund my donation, they said they could see no fraud. I have been told by other forum members here that the same thing has happenened to them, however, I have a problem with "not" being able to get in touch with admin for an explanation.

whittled

Reaction score
Thanks Tim for the heads up. I never got a charge on my paypal but I wonder if I should yank this now rather than suport someone else. What's up with that? I got a week + to think about it now so I'll try and get Roger.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Some recent emails to Roger and Admin have not been received due to a DNS problem that has now been resolved. Please send them again if you think one of yours may have been affected.

There is this message at login...not sure if that is the current issue.

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: whittled

Thanks Tim for the heads up. I never got a charge on my paypal but I wonder if I should yank this now rather than suport someone else. What's up with that? I got a week + to think about it now so I'll try and get Roger.
Don't give up, the forum does need support. Like you said though, you don't want to be supporting someone else unknowingly. Maybe you will have better luck contacting Roger, there was a thread going a while back and a lot of people were stating that they were having the same problems and as far as "I" know, Roger hasn't come back to the forum since. I "incorrectly" posted that my email finally went through to Admin but the following day my bounced email notification came to me, so still, no word from the man. Please, if you get through to him, let him know of the problems with communication.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty