American Bottles & Flasks book

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whittled

Reaction score
I saw his "problem fixed" already. I hope so, I emailed Roger and meech too. I hope all goes well.
If anyone is interested in this book don't let this turn of events and conversation keep you from bidding. I have confidence it will work out.

Wilkie

Reaction score
Roger, thank you very much for your reply. I'm glad to know what happened and I feel better knowing that you did receive my donation. I understand there was a technical problem that prevented you from getting email from us for a while and I'm glad that everything is fixed. I love this forum and will continue to use it frequently and also support it financially from time to time.

whittled

Reaction score
So, can the book go? Will it?
AMERICAN BOTTLES & FLASKS AND THEIR ANCESTRY McKearin/Wilson ©1978 by Crown Publishers NY, about 9" x 11 x 2", 779 pages includes index, loads of illustrations and photos.. This is the highly sought after "bible" for bottle collectors. Arguably the most authoritative book ever written on the subject. Most experts, collectors and dealers still use the numbering system from this book and it's predecessor, "American Glass". If you ever wondered what all the GVI-12 and GXIII-40 etc. type numbers were, this is them. AMERICAN BOTTLES & FLASKS AND THEIR ANCESTRY by Helen McKearin, (co-author with her father on American Glass) and Kenneth Wilson (distinguished glass expert and Director of Collections and Preservation at the Greenfield Village among other notoriety)(as of 1978) did a magnificent job collecting almost everything you need to know about bottle methods, types etc. and the glass houses they were made in. The book covers wines, spirits, whiskey, soda and mineral water, utilitarian, medicinal and bitters, scents and cologne, pattern and three part mold and of coarse flasks. ***more keywords*** Glasshouses such as Stoddard, Keene, Westford, Willington, Coventry, Dyottville, Kensington, Zanesville, Pitkin, Franklin, Cambridge, Louisville etc., etc..

Bent_Twig

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and would like to help support it. Also would like to start collecting flasks so it looks like I need a book like this. Can I start the bidding at $20.

Bent-Twig.

whittled

Reaction score
Hi Roger and to all the Forum Members, It seems to me that this site has gone on with or without our support. Yes, our support is of great value but either way it has gone on due to the greater generosity of the owner of this site. If by some chance the funds are temporarily diverted I don't see an issue. Do you? Please bid and enjoy this book. I know you will. Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam wonderful Spam

whittled

Reaction score
I know you just asked if you could bid and I wasn't sure if it actually was one. Let me know. I guess if you want it it's yours. I don't don't know if we wait for Admin or just go for it. I'll try and write someone.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter