Antique? Older than 50 years old?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cbeehner

Reaction score
epackage said:
cbeehner said:
I'm unable to post pics of the bottle at this time, due to it being processed for evidence. There are two seems that go down the length of the bottle and from what I remember they go through the bottle cap twists. The laws are written with the intent to prosecute those who steal items of historical interests for the state, and as a State Peace Officer I will enforce those laws. I happen to work for the state of California and per Title 14 CCR 4308 - it states no one shall remove items from a archaeological area. And department heads and the district attorney, have stated anything older than 50 years is deemed historical and therefore archaeological per CCR 4308. I would really like to find out some more information on the dating of this bottle if possible. Thanks to all who have given me the information thus far.
The bottle is 49 years old, justifying your job by quoting Title 14 CCR 4308 and busting someone for picking up a worthless piece of trash sounds like a load of crap. Why don't you go drive your cop car into the first tree you can find, loser...
Thank you for your concern with the age of the bottle. I was not justifying my position by quoting a regulation. I was rather informing you the reader of the law that I am required by law proceed in prosecuting, considering it was at least a Misdemeanor committed in my presence. The "worthless piece of trash" may not be worth anything to you, however, to the local indians, chinese, and various other groups who have history in this area find items like this bottle, represent more than just a face value of money. History is history no matter what form it's in. I thank you for your consideration for my safety while driving.
OsiaBoyce said:
I guess the cops quit hassling people in California over pot.......................now to fill all their time they bust people over worthless bottles. "..I will enforce those laws................", did not we hear something like that at Nuremberg. Scary huh? Cops.

As stated above, this bottle to you may not hold any value as to the eyes of a bottle collector, but if items similar to this, be it a bottle, arrow head, mining equipment, geological features, etc... holds value to the State of California and the local people that inhabited the area years ago. I was hired to enforce laws and regulations, as any peace officer is, but to state this bottle is worthless and I should not waste my time over this item is being commented with no knowledge of the area, or the history in mind. If we have looters and thieves taking all items they can find, there will be no form of history to view for future generations of the present public nor the indigenous people that inhabited the area long before we were here.

antlerman23

Reaction score
I like the path this thread has taken! [:)]I was upset at this guy from the start. What a waste of time and money [:'(][:mad:]

antlerman23

Reaction score
what kind of history does a 50 year old bottle hold? I bet the guy who tossed it is still alive!!!if it were old, then I would get it. but this is just trash.

cbeehner

Reaction score
Bottles r LEET said:
What are you going to do to this 'thief'? Fine him like 3 cents?

The fine will be much more substantial than 3 cents. It is a misdameanor crime, which can carry heavy fines (especially since its involving archaeological items), and it can also carry time in a county jail. If any body else has some good websites with information regarding the age of this bottle I would appreciate any help. Thank you epgeorge for the website link. It was very useful in beginning research.

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
I bet the state of California has 50 year old cars sitting out in the woods, why don't you go rescue them as well?

hemihampton

Reaction score
I have a Question, Was this area marked with a sign saying Archaeological Area?

cbeehner

Reaction score
Ok, so obviously the reason for the original post is getting abused. I posted my inquiry on the website in order to obtain more knowledge of the item I found with two subjects who were removing it from an archaeological site. For those who do not respect my decision to obtain more information because they believe its a waste of time, then I respect your reasoning, I do it everyday to the general public I meet. However, I ask that you respect the fact that I am doing my job in trying to apprehend criminals that are violating laws, however you feel those laws should be addressed. No signs were placed. That would defeat the purpose of it being an archaeological site. We dont want to advertise there is a site in the area as it would promote looting.

antlerman23

Reaction score
The "archeological artifact" that these people removed holds no history, value, or importance to anyone. Honestly, persecuting someone for picking this up is like arresting me for picking up my gum wrapper i dropped. Since the site was unmarked, how were they to know that they arent allowed to pick up garbage in there?! If you can show me a shred of historical importance that this bottle holds, i will shut up and gtfo. I will honestly be impressed if you can. This bottle's only true value is in being recycled and made into a new bottle. Maybe if you ask the "offenders" nicely, they will put that piece of garbage back exactly where it came from. But then you would probably arest them for littering...

cbeehner

Reaction score
The historical importance of this bottle is based on other finds in the immediate area and surrounding geographical areas. It shows historical importance to archeologists, geologists, biologists and the indigenous people of the area who wish not to have the objects of their and our past be removed from the area of known sites. Items such as the bottle, show that the area was inhibited, and will give us a better understanding of who lived there, how long, and how they lived. Just like any archeological site. By having people take those items it limits the amount of knowledge we can collect and gather from our history. As I stated earlier, the bottle may not have little if any monetary value, but there is a historical value. Such as the subject who rolled the rock down from a national park with the boy scouts. No monetary value but it had historical geological value did it not? And that is why the federal government is in the process of arrangement and restitution. I'm not saying that this bottle is an archeological artifact. But taking the bottle from the location where it has been for 80, 50, 20 plus years, means takeing its history and our history with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2