Any Ideas?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

amblypygi

Reaction score
I believe the initials in the center stand for Central Park Mineral Spring, a freshwater spring that was once in central park and covered by that little pavilion in the center. It may even still be there, though I sure as heck wouldn't drink the water these days. Come to think of it, I wouldn't touch it in 1868 either [:'(]

As for a value, I hate to be a party-pooper, but if you are offered the Kovel's price for it ($60), take it and run; they are really very common bottles. They often come up on ebay and languish with no bids at 10 or 12 bucks.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very cool bottle, just don't mortgage the house to insure it [:)]

Sean

acls

Reaction score
Neat bottle RoadDog. Hey amblypygi, how did you come up with that username? If memory serves amblypygi is the genus of the very cool whip scorpions.

Road Dog

Reaction score
Road Dog is a name given to me by Mopar Magazine since my 1969 Charger has 365,000 miles on it.I eat up alot of road with that car.

Ge94565.jpg

amblypygi

Reaction score
Whoa, sweet car Road Dog. I owned a 69 Charger for about 4 days when I was 17, it had no interior and no gas tank, and we ran the 440 dual-quad from a tube in a milk jug full of gas. It would empty the gallon jug in a matter of minutes [:D]

My parents had no vision and made me give it back to the guy I bought it from before I could get it onto the road (legally anyway) [:mad:]

Hopefully your 365000 miles were more cost effective, with that 440 that mileage would cost about a million bucks! Very nice ride though, thanks for posting the pic.

ACLS: good call, you know your critters! I named myself that because when I joined I was working with some people filming whipspiders for a new BBC documentary that should be coming out any day now. It's David Attenborough's latest one and it's called "Life in the Undergrowth". It should be awesome, they were amazing with the filming they did. I should even be in the credits, though probably way down near the end in the 2 point font
[:-]

Sean

Road Dog

Reaction score
That's terrible. It would have been Sweet to still have that one. I've had this one since 1978. It has 2:76 gears so I can sneek 18 mpg out of it. I have to run 93 octane and an additional octane booster. It is still expensive.

amblypygi

Reaction score
Yeah, I wish I still had it. That would have been in the summer of 79 actually, almost the same time you got yours. The parents were probably wise though, from 16-22 or so I wasn't the brightest bulb on the circuit and I can't count how many cars I wrecked. I lost control of a 68 AMC Javelin at 140 mph and ended up in a river, that was memorable. Beware of Javelins and AMXs, they like to spin around backwards without any provocation whatsoever (believe me, I've repeated the experiment several times) [:)]

Sean

amblypygi

Reaction score
Here's the poor thing gettin hauled out the next day. The guy driving the tow truck was gonna hook it through the windshield, but guess who swam under to try and save the thing from any more damage?? Told you I wasn't too bright [&:]

Turned out the leaf springs had shattered and the block had cracked on the practically new high-output 290 I had just finished dropping in it the day before. It was purring like a kitten when I decided to see what the top end was and it decided that it liked going backwards better than forwards. Good old luck-o-the-irish though, once again not a scratch on me.

Sean

Ca81762.jpg

Attachments

• Ca81762.jpg
    Ca81762.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Ca81762.jpg
    Ca81762.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 52

Road Dog

Reaction score
I hope you didn't do those speeds in the snow. That would be nuts.I don't know the top end of the old Dodge. I have never floored it. No need to. The fellow that built the 440 said the car could do an easy 165 mph.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal