any info on this insulator ??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beardman

Reaction score
i found this insulator in michigans upper peninsula. it has no letters or numbers anywhere. this is the only picture I have at the moment. my mother kinda claimed it ant took it with her. im just wondering if anyone would know who may have made it where and what its specific use may have been . thanks

Attachments

• f82ebb73829a48b5a93c87fd28177b92.jpg
    f82ebb73829a48b5a93c87fd28177b92.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 87

MuddyMO

Reaction score
I'm no mud expert, but it is a single groove insulator, used for telegraph or early telephone. You are probably looking for the U-#, and this is where I don't have the book. I've seen this style before, so it is probably a common.

beardman

Reaction score
i was thinking telegraph to because of where i found it. there are a few cabbins near by but theyare all new construction. i have seen blue glass ones in the area but always shattered. a fire ruined most of the area for finding much of anything thats not shattered or melted.

botlguy

Reaction score
It is definitely a porcelain threaded telegraph / telephone insulator probably made by Thomas in the first quarter of the 20th century. It is worth only $1 - $2 to a collector as it is quite common. I had lots of these until I disposed of them, still have a few laying around. I could probably give you a close U# but it would mean nothing to you. Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday