Anybody got bottle insurance?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

passthebottle

Reaction score
I don't, and I suspect most don't. Doesn't bother me, just now and again it will cross my mind - what if fire or what if break in I'll lose big time when it comes to my collection. I always thought it was to expensive and / or to much to have every bottle appraised or catalogued, since it is always changing by adding pieces or getting rid of some. Anybody else have bottle or collectible insurance?

longneck

Reaction score
i have some on what i have it cost me 25$ more a month but i think it's well spent money [:)][:)][:)][:)]

bearswede

Reaction score
Here's a company that is geared toward collectibles, bottles included: Collectibles Insurance Company; www.collectinsure.com

I lost over $1600 (wholesale) worth of bottles in a car crash last April... I'm thinking seriously of getting some kind of insurance... I have a lot of my best bottles in a bay window and I cringe every time they announce thunderstorm warnings...

BTW: Hey PTB, did you ever post those pics of your O.P. Wolfie?

Ron

passthebottle

Reaction score
Ron, I made a deal with my son, he gets a camera for his birthday if he agrees to photograph my bottles and post them. WARNING the net maybe bombarded with pictures. The Wolf"s will be the first one

passthebottle

Reaction score
RE: ATTN: PASSTHEBOTTLE

Howya doi'n Ron, I'm pretty sure you've seen it. I've posted it a couple of times, it's the greenish teal O.P. version with the cursive S. Yep, still got it . Happy Holidays

bearswede

Reaction score

Sorry about your bottles Ron,thats a drag.I hope nobody got hurt.

Thanks, Tim... Mostly bumps & bruises and a hairline fracture in my right wrist...

Over 2 years now... The woman's (who hit us) insurance company said they'd recompense us, but here we are... Still waiting...

Ron

RedGinger

Reaction score

Tim's right. Glad you're okay Ron. Easy for me to say bottles are just things, but better them than you! I wish Tim was there giving me advice a few years ago! I say go for it.

TROG

Reaction score

I don,t have any insurance on my bottles and am now seriously thinking about it.
A friend only a couple of weeks ago had a shelf break and 10 of his best Australian Beer bottles broke with a menatory loss of about $35,000.The only consolation was that a bottle he paid $25,000 earlier this year survived.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28