Archaeologists catch looter !! haha please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

elmoleaf

Reaction score
For me, the issue is not whether the items were of historical value. It's that he apparently asked permission, was told no, and dug anyway.
"Some guy called me two weeks ago and told me he collected old bottles and wanted to dig in there, but I told him no," said Daniel Cossette. "I told him if he fell and hurt himself I'd have to pay."​
The digger could've offered to sign a liability waiver. He could've offered to split finds with the owner to entice the owner to grant permission. Instead he decided digging up someone else's property and stealing would be the next logical step.

This type of story gets repeated on here too often, with rationalizations why it's ok: "oh, it's just some empty lot, nobody will care" "the stuff is gonna rot/get lost anyway" "the owners don't even know it's there anyway".

trail

Reaction score
To the veteran archaeologist, the pieces "were clearly important artifacts." ..... I didn't hear about them getting of thier butts to do the work. All to often it all gets damaged by construction. Better that some one save it!

2find4me

Reaction score
Sadly, archaeologists took over one of the few of my TOC Dumps that still produced nice stuff.[:(][:(][:(] I got some nice deco sodas from this one. I don't exactly understand why they are so interested in these newer sites.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause