AUGLAIZE RIVER BLOB

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lepew62

Reaction score
It has been awhile since I have been in. I havent done much wading lately. I did finally go to the Auglaize river yesterday to do some wading.I found 2 local Wapakoneta soda bottles, CJ Vossler & sons, and a Vossler Bros, I also found a broken Junkers bottle works Indianapolis, but it was broken. I found a brown blob top, it was embossed with a W on the shoulders. The W is encircled surrounded by sunburst type of design. It is embossed on the base in small type E H Co. I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to what the W stands for. I was thinking Wiedeman beer possibly. If anyone knows let me know please. I am going to go again for a bit this afternoon, the Auglaize more than likely. A little history as to the naming of Wapakoneta Ohio. It is named after an indian chief. His name was Wapa and he had a daughter named Koneta. So they combined the 2 and thus Wapakoneta. Us locals just call it Wapak though. Well that is my contribution to the betterment of bottlekind today. May get back with all of ya later if anything interesting comes up.. Have a great rest of the day people.

lepew62

Reaction score
I also wanted to add that I have a great way to clean my bottles now. I hired into a metal fab shop in November. My job is to power wash the parts after they are welded up. I use a 1900 psi washer to do this. One of the jobs I do is clean the stainless after it is welded up. I have to use a gel acid on the welds that I spread with a small artist brush. The gels main active ingredient is Hydrofluoric acid. It is some potent stuff. After I gel the welds and power wash them off and apply a spray type acid on the entirety of the part. Between theses 2 acids I get my bottle quite clean, and power washed also.

epackage

Reaction score
The W blobs seem to turn up near the Ohio Pennsy border, nobody seems to known the origin...

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology