Awesome Book!!! - Heaven is for REAL

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

After growing up in a world of "scientific proofs" if you will, I am a person who doesn't have the same faith you do Tim, but like you I don't push my non belief on people. I'm more than happy if people believe and have a faith, but I don't think I'm small minded because I need some sort of reassurance to satisfy myself. I hope you get the answer you need when you question God......Jim
I'm with that Jim.
Myself, I'd have to wonder what caused the signal from my optic nerves to my brain to react at "seeing the light" at deaths nearing.

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: WonGan

I would change one thing.People who have to have proof are not small minded,they are without faith.

Sorry to creep you out Lauren.Let me try to clarify with my limited knowledge because I didnt go to a Catholic school.

Agreed on the first statement. I went to Catholic school and the whole nine yards and I still don't get it! Babies in limbo because they were not baptized? That goes along with the Purgatory theory. None of us will ever know, but I think a lot of this stuff was made up by the church. No birth control allowed= more church members. These are just my opinions. I believe in a more spiritual approach than a religious one, for myself.

RedGinger

Reaction score

I wish LobeyCat were here because I know he could explain the Catholic faith much better than I.

The world is not flat and there are creatures that live in conditions we thought they could never exist in,let alone creatures that are still being discovered.Because something is unknown does not mean it doesnt exist.

I just feel sad that some people think this whole material universe as well as all life on Earth was not planned out and just happened on its own from a "big bang".My ultimate question to God will be,"where did you come from"?

I'm not sure he'd agree with it. I don't know if he'd be able to explain it any better. I do wish he were here too. True, because we cannot see something does not mean it does not exist. It is scary that Stephen Hawking thinks this is all an accident. I am curious where God came from as well.

The best you can do is say a prayer and be a good person and not worry about death.

epackage

Reaction score

I wish LobeyCat were here because I know he could explain the Catholic faith much better than I.
I didn't see this so please forgive me if I missed something, I see you joined after Lobey passed away, so I have to assume you were friends and speak from experience??
Thanx.....Jim

bostaurus

Reaction score
Agreed on the first statement. I went to Catholic school and the whole nine yards and I still don't get it! Babies in limbo because they were not baptized? That goes along with the Purgatory theory. None of us will ever know, but I think a lot of this stuff was made up by the church. No birth control allowed= more church members. These are just my opinions. I believe in a more spiritual approach than a religious one, for myself.

Limbo, purgatory, indulgences, etc... a lot of what led to the Reformation.

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I didn't see this so please forgive me if I missed something, I see you joined after Lobey passed away, so I have to assume you were friends and speak from experience??
Thanx.....Jim
I think he was here before under a slightly different name.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1