B.R. Lippincott soda?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

brlippin

Reaction score
Haha, no relation to Dave Lippincott that I know of. But the Lippincot "clan" as it were, was situated predominately around New Jersey. Now I suppose we are all spread around, although the name is not so common. I like to think it is an especially distinguished name. I appreciate all the quick work you guys just did. Pretty fascinating. I am very new to this, a "virgin" you might very well call me. Some of these bottles are just beautiful!!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi, I must be getting old! I took a look at my old yearbook and realized dave Lippicott was a classmate of mine when I lived in New York State. ( I came to Maine in 77') I graduated from a place called Pine Bush waaaaaay back in 1971, so you might understand my memory being fuzzy lol. But NJ was only about 30s away as the crow flys, so ol' Dave might be related to you after all!

brlippin

Reaction score
Haha, way too funny. I was just born in 1977. I'll have to do a little familial digging to see if a Dave Lippincott is related. As the song goes, "There is a brotherhood of man, a lovely tie that binds,..." I can't seem to remember the rest...the last line is..."That great brotherhood of man."
-Ben

Maine Digger

Reaction score
So are you out in California, or is that just where the bottle came from? Boy that's quite a range of prices you have to pick from. Apparently Union Glass did some 'private' labels, I saw one in my 4th. edition of Polaks (ha, 1-up on ya Gunsmoke), but it was for a "Taylor Never Surrendors" - $1,200 - 1,600. Where did you get the bottle, and please don't say you dug it!

brlippin

Reaction score
I'm from Georgia. Atlanta to be specific. Actually, Roswell if you want to pin point it. A family freind gave it to me, but the bottle says Stockton, California. It is a deep cobalt blue. Very pretty. It has what's called a "mug base" but I have no idea what that is. Any education is greatly appreciated!!
-Ben

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Ben, Don't say I didn't warn you, but many an addiction as begun with only one bottle! And no I'm not talking about alcohol, I found one bottle on an old surface dump and the next thing you know I'm hooked! lol, I find myself pacing around the house during the winter just waiting to claw through the mud! You have some prime areas down there even though the boys from Lexington and Virginia say it's all been picked clean! I think they say that to us yankees just to make us feel better through the long cold winters, while they're digging year round.

brlippin

Reaction score
Well I can certainly muck around in the mud for bottles. I just might start doing that. Do you know what the terms "mug base" and "iron pontile" and "applied top" pertain to.

brlippin

Reaction score
Could you tell me what they mean, please, or point me in the direction of a good resource?

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey brlippin, you are on a good resource here (the best resource actually [:D] ), if you do a search of this site for the terms you where referring to you should find all the info you need [;)] .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn