Back in the saddle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jesster64

Reaction score
I finally made it out by myself for the first time in over a year. I don't like going alone, because I have some confidence issues. But nothing ventured and its a beautiful day. I went to walk by field next to local river. Started out well.
I found a horseshoe right away. After about an hr of walking, I decided to call it quits. I also found 2 insulators. I saw a small plastic bottle wedged up against a tree and picked it up. Inside was a preserved frog. Scared me ****less. Just as I was walking back to my car, I spotted a ceramic bottle cap in the middle of a field. I had to laugh out loud. kind of made my day.
From there I went to a house over 100 years old they are tearing down for new condos. Two barns on the property. I called realator for permission to metal detect, she said officially no, liability, but if she knew nothing about it, I could do what I want. I took a walk over the property, right across the street from the police station and decided it wasn't worth it. Also, from one of the barns flew a turkey buzzard right in front of me. 2nd pair of underwear ruined.
From there I decided to go to a spot by the river I dug over a year ago. With the recent rains, everything was kind of washed away. I did spot some ceramic shards in the water, so I scrambled down and dug a bit. This is down a 10 foot verticle embankment with my heels in the river. I started seeing broken shards and a level of ash. I was able to pull a few bottles from the embankment. Most were mason jars or fruit jars. Piss me off.This is down 5 feet, in the side of an embankment. Only mason jars ? It should be older than that. I know there are embossed medicines, theres one on display in our library. Mason jar after mason jar. I finally find a square bottle and it turnes out to be A1 sauce. Older, but still A1 embossed on it. Also an amber merck medicine bottle with a measuring cap still on it. I have pictures, but can't remember how to upload. As left the place, I think I changed the course of the stream, I found a cool old wheel in a field.
oh yeah, the ceramic cap, I cleaned it and it was a grolsch. no wonder it was in such good shape.

jesster64

Reaction score
I keep getting message file is too large when trying to import photo.

Grampy Green Jeans

Reaction score
Not sure this is why, but I think u need to change the quality settings on your camera. My Sony I select " send by E-Mail " setting. Camera is set 2 high quality image, to large of a file. Select so camera will hold highest # of pics, at lower quality. Then the pics have 2 b shot in that mode... hope it works [8|]

KBbottles

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice day outside at least. Keep looking im sure there are more spots to be found.

jesster64

Reaction score
sorry, just can't get pictures to post. home computer doesn't show the "add image" option and when I try from work. I get properties from snapfish, paste them in the add image box, see the image, but when I go to submit, nothing shows up.
oh well, it used to work in the past.sorry

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Dont get too discouraged ( like I do ) . I mean don't make it make you give up on digging, or posting. I get so pissed when I can't load and post photos, it is really annoying. I dont know any tech advice, I just always call some young kid that shows me what I'm doing wrong. Glad you got out to dig !

jesster64

Reaction score
It used to work on the old pc. On this laptop, when I go to post reply, the tool bar gives an "image" button. But when I click on it, it just say
in the message portion.
maybe its a pop up blocking thing.
When I post from work, theres an image of an envelope where the image button is. when I click on that, a pop up appears where I add the http: , which is how I normally posted an image. I add the info and see the image in the preview, but when I submit, image is gone.
if that makes any sense.

willong

Reaction score
I'm a lurker from the Northwest
and distance makes me bold.
I ask this sincerely, not in jest--
Pray tell, why does your confidence run cold?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960