Ball Improved Quart , Quad Helix

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
its hard to tell from the angle of your picture but it may be a glass top and zinc band sort of like this,

IMG_0054_zpsda518692.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0057_zps29ff1ca3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello all Ball collectors. This link solved the confusion for me, to some extent. The pictures show the threaded finish and it also shows a tool line projecting up on the outside surface of the molded neckring part of the finish.
The thread grooves were milled in the neckrings main bore, this shows that the milling cutter left a spiraling track up the inner bore of the neckring as it was removed from the thread cutting work.
It didn’t happen in our mold shop with the earliest method we used, and after we went to the Kelley Thread Cutting machine – it didn’t happen. I doubt if my old friend Bob Davis in the Mold Division of Ball is still going – but I will try today to see if he is. He would know what they used to thread the neckrings back then.

The problem didn’t have anything to do with the sealing, so it wouldn’t have any thing to do with which glass cap or cap ring was used.

The main thought is that it had nothing to do with the operation of the glass bottles performance. RED Matthews

ajohn

Reaction score
Boy am I glad I asked that question!!! Thanks you guys fer the imfo. you guys are great!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause