Been dump digging, now how do you find the privy?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RHach

Reaction score
On the bottom is pretty rough. I don't know if it is an "8" or an "0" or if it was how they made the bottle. It is not smooth at all.

RHach

Reaction score
I went out to the old 1890-1910 dump site today. Lots of snow on the ground, but you can see the debris poking through. I did find a bottle, "Winstead's Lax-Fos". I dug here alot when I was a kid. The area is wooded, but covers a large area, so there is lots of digging left. I also shot some photos of some abandonded houses near by where I live. They would have all had a privy at one time, and I'm sure of a dump as well. Pretty easy to get permission to dig, just have to wait until the snow melts! One site I shot from a distance, farm just recently became abandonded (this past late summer). The house is still intact, no broken windows. I know the person whom inherited the land, and he has no desire to ever live there, so the place will eventually fall into ruin. It would nice to have a "digging party" arranged in the spring! Just too much for myself to dig, and so many abandonded places come up each year, the digging sites are pretty much unlimited. Check out the photos!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/goodguybob71/my_photos

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology