Big Brown Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dirty Dog

Reaction score
This bottle is 14" high. It looks like a big clorox bottle or something. I found 2 of them (the other is a little smaller and I believe has "WELDON" on the bottom). Any ideas?

Tr50901.jpg

Attachments

• Tr50901.jpg
    Tr50901.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 91

David E

Reaction score
Hi, don't find anything on Weldon but beleive I see the bottle makers mark on bottom is it like this <O> If so that is Owen Ill. There would be a number on the each of three arrow points and the one on right would give you year (1929 and forward, I beleive)

Dave

digdeeper74

Reaction score
Nice. I think bleach, also. Can we see a closer pic of smaller bottles behind. Look blue, I like blue best. Thanks.

diggerjeff

Reaction score
it could have held anything from bleach to medicine. i have a few like this with pharmacuticle lables on them.

Dirty Dog

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everyone! I'm leaving for some goose and duck hunting, so I'll post the blue bottles Sunday. A lot of the blue bottles are Milk of Magnesia. Anyone know why some are darker then others? This sight has been a lot of help. Thanks again!

mabel

Reaction score
The earliest milk of magnesia bottles were clear, then cornflower blue, then cobalt -- at least for Phillips milk of magnesia bottles. However, there was still a lot of variation in the later bottles, probably depending on where they were made.

I hope you do post a photo of your milk of magnesia bottles.
Mabel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday