Black glass grave yard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: creeper71

Can you post better pics of the coins/tokens you found?? when you clean them DON'T MAKE THEM WET... 

The coins are two silver Mexican 8 Reales and an 1897 dime. The reales were from a burnt layer and in bad shape... I'm not sure how to clean them either...

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

maxbitters

Reaction score
Great photos & story Matt, It almost feels like I’m there! We love playing under buildings too. It’s been my experience that Gold Country sites of that age hold lots of coins. You may want to take a detector under there or sift for those little round yellow metal objects, their there........[/align]

tigue710

Reaction score
I've been wondering what the little round yellow ones look like when you see them in a burnt layer or in sticky mud? Do they look yellow like they should? I thought for a little bit I had two gold coins today these Mexi 8's are so heavy..., and yellowish silver...

botlguy

Reaction score
I am literally salivating wanting to be with you on that site. No way I could make it in though, too old, too fat. With those great pictures it's almost like being there. Thanks.

creeper71

Reaction score
Looks to me like you found yourself 2 comtempary Counterfeit 8 reales.. Awesome!!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Wonderful pics and story Matt!! how I miss diggin in that red sticky muddy messy red gold rush clay!! thanks for bringing back some memories, I can smell the stuff now still.......

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Real nice posts and finds Matt. Love the antler scratcher. We found a Mexican reale coin a few years back near our hillbilly dump. As I recall, they were from King Montazuma's short reign.

PD

cadburys

Reaction score
That dime looks like an S mintmark. And it looks like it is in very good condition too. It could be worth $35+

Nice finds!

Ant

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler