Bladder Bottle ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

trussin

Reaction score
Ok I already know everyone wants to see a pic. Im working on that. I own two ponil bottles blown about 2 feet tall. Bulbous things with a neck reminiscent of an onion bottle. An olive one and a green one. These wobbly wonders have sheared tops but both have a twisted bead that runs around the neck about an inch or two below the sheared top. A couple of folks told me they thought they were ballast bottles. They are beautiful. I havent ever seen another. Has any one...has any one?
Thanks,
Joe B.

Photos to follow

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi Joe, welcome to the forum.

Harry Pristis website may have some usefull info for you, that's the sort of thing he collects http://members.aol.com/pristis/bottleHELPpage.html .

I'll look foward to seeing photo's when you get some as they sound like great bottles.

trussin

Reaction score
no not persians. These are huge. 2 feet tall and at least two feet across. I'll post the pics soon.

trussin

Reaction score
Irish I am amazed. A german free blown globe about 1800. His is a foot shorter than the two of mine but the curious ring around the neck is exactly the same. A kinda braded chain of glass. You guys are amazing - truly. I'll never buy another book or bother Jim H and Dick W again.

trussin

Reaction score
i cant see myself wearing one. But you can count on a donation. For Sure! Joe B

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR