Blue bottle identification

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
In the GRANULAR CITRIC OF MAGNESIA bottles ..as you can see from the link I put on the first line is GRANULAR CITRIC ...next line OF MAGNESIA..which would seem to fit..maybe it was this at first but with some reworking was made to hold another product and NEW YORK was put in?Bottles were always being reused in ways as they were not cheap..you even read on some "THIS IS THE PROPERTY OF" etc. Any way is is certainly the color shape size of the CITRIC bottle ..and a long time med. collector told me as far as he knew it was an ENGLISH product..none made here..but we are all just trying to help..just my little stab at it.... of course pretty sure I am right as I usually am! [8D] JAMIE

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
All I can say is I think the first netter is C, G, O, or Q but I do think I see New York. The problem with that in the first line is it could any of 1000 +/- manufactures or corner drugstores over a 50 year +/- time period. It could be a first letter of a last name or an initial of a first name etc. if that's the case. [:)]

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've got it blown up in Photoshop and it looks like C/G/O, T/V/Y, H/N/K/X, A, then becomes illegible at this angle until R, something that could be pretty much anything, &/S/G/Q. I have a feeling that it's either a patent medicine with a made-up name, in which it could be pretty much anything, or someone's last name, in which case it could again be pretty much anything. It's like one of those word puzzles only you aren't restricted to it being a real word. I don't think the first letter is an initial though, as there was clearly never any period after it. Some possible combinations for the first four letters:CYNA, OTHA, GYNA. I could also very likely be wrong about those first four letters. The third letter could possibly be an E, opening up endless combinations of made-up words.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That dark spot/fingerprint after the &-like thing might be hiding a "Co.", which would at least reduce it to last names. I have my doubts though, doesn't look like enough space.

Reaction score
I am amazed in the responses! All of your help is tremendous. I have some more photos of the words. I have been trying to decode the words in the same way with no luck on my end trying to find a company that made sense online. Here are some more photos of the words. Some seem to make a character: http://imgur.com/a/ACjbzHere they are as a single file. I darkened it slightly too: http://imgur.com/y1X5g1A

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Alright, OP sent me a new picture and posted some which are needing approval. The new picture shows that it's for sure __________ & Co. After seeing the better picture I also have a feeling that the name might be ______BERG.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Well the posts were approved and now that I can see middle part at a better angle it isn't BERG. I'll take another crack at it tomorrow.

truedigr

Reaction score
I am going out on a limb with this one. At first, I thought maybe some sort of Lactopeptine, as they are usually cobalt and from New York. I am pretty convinced it is a Hazard & Hazard & Co. Hazard was with Caswell for many years, as Caswell was with Mack. There are many variations of these firms. This is my hypothesis. RC

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler