Bottle Collectors Software & Database

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Does anyone use any software to catalog their collection? I fired up MS Access a while ago and was going to design one just for poison bottles. I got so far and I figured there has to be something out there already. As much as I love to create things on my computer, I don't feel the need to re-invent the wheel, so to speak.

I did find this: http://www.collectiblessoftware.com/tabagc.html

I found a few others, but Norton says they were bad sites and to stay away.

madpaddla

Reaction score
Yeah I thought I remembered seeing something like what you were talking about on ebay.
Hope this helps.

Here is a link to it.
Bottle Collection Image Database

06D8FFA1CA444EFF8B3FF886FB9FE631.jpg

Attachments

• 06D8FFA1CA444EFF8B3FF886FB9FE631.jpg
    06D8FFA1CA444EFF8B3FF886FB9FE631.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 92

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
Good 'ol Excel works well too. You can designate your own column headings plus it is searchable.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Currently my wife has them all in Excel as well. I wanted something that was a little more comprehensive and had the ability to place photos in it.
That one on ebay looks like it was created in Access. But the entire office suite was created in Visual C+ so, it could have been made with that.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out the website www.itaggit.com ?

You can put purchase info - plus a lot more on there - along with photo's...you can make multiple folders for different collections you have...and each one can be set for personal/private or you can post the pics for all to see! Best thing is that it is all free! Worth checking out!

druggistnut

Reaction score
Tinna,
There is a definite problem with sites that allow you to use their space. If you read the fine print, such as Photobucket's, they basically "own" your picture or video, once you post it, and can use it for whatever they want to.
I'd really dislike having done all that work and then have someone else use it to make some cash off it.
I have been putting stuff on disk for quite some time, but it is very tedious. I think I need to learn how to use Access.
Bill

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1