Bottle-nosed whale in Thames!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
.Hey Wayne, don't know about bangsticks being fun, the blast under water is not terribly good for your ears or brain I don't think, better that being eaten by a great white though. Best thing is probably to dive with someone you don't like, should halve you chance of being picked for dinner [:D] .

Mihai, that really is a big fish [:-] , are they some giant subspecies of catfish? or is there something really good in Romanian water [:D] .

Mihai

Reaction score
It's simply the bigest fresh water fish in the world. There are some other sturions, the ones responsible for caviar, but they are not realy living in rivers. They just come there for laying eggs and eat only small fish. But these monsters, the wels catfish, eat anything comes close to their mouth: fish, dog, sheep. They stay deep in mud, with the whiskers immitating weed, and when they feel the pray close they just open the mouth and the current formed drags the victim inside. As you can see the mouth is huge but without teeth, not in a normal way but just thousands of small hooks orientated to the throat so everything is cought doesn't escape. My biggest catch was smaller than my arm but I saw more than a metre long. With a rod is impossible to catch one bigger than 80kg, lets say. They are so strong that they can easily capsize a small boat. The meat is very fat and with a slightly taste/smell of mud, but grilled is fantastic, as most of fat is gone. Enjoy!

swizzle

Reaction score
Some sad news about the whale.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060123/ap_on_sc/britain_whale;_ylt=Aj.oJwCdoS8ZVqyxXZNQJAKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MzV0MTdmBHNlYwM3NTM-
[X(] Jason

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers