Braved the Evil Devil Heathen Weeds Poison Ivy & Oak

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stormysouth

Reaction score
What part of CA are you in? I get out to Ontario area every couple of months for work. I need to get up to the Sacremento area sometime before the end of the year. I don't know how your wife would feel about you digging with another woman or if you would even be interested in trying to meet up when I'm out there to dig. Or if you are even close enough to were I go. It would be a blast.

stormysouth

Reaction score
I hear ya Lobeycat. I don't dig to resell. It's the thrill of the hunt, the incredible thought that someone held this a 100+ years ago, the excitement of what's under the next little shovel full...Ya know what I mean.

Wow...As much as I've said today, you'd swear nobody has talked to me for a month!

stormysouth

Reaction score
It is definately the history. When I have dug farm dumps that the original family still owns, it is awesome to hand them a bottle that great-great grandpa drank from. I get almost as much enjoyment doing the research as I do the digging...Almost.

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: stormysouth

What part of CA are you in? I get out to Ontario area every couple of months for work. I need to get up to the Sacremento area sometime before the end of the year. I don't know how your wife would feel about you digging with another woman or if you would even be interested in trying to meet up when I'm out there to dig. Or if you are even close enough to were I go. It would be a blast.
I'm in Suisun and "work" in Sacramento. For digging, I'll just say I'm in Northern California. I'm willing to travel in other words. Now for the other question, my wife would have a caniption fit if she knew I was doing "anything" with another woman, sigh....... I wish life were simpler. My wife is a good woman, very loving, but she is very easily threatened. We've been married 23 years so you'd think she would be more secure, but that's the way it is. There are others in this area that may be able to dig, and if that happens, then I'd be able to participate. I'm sure someone else on the forum will reply once they know you will be in the area and are looking for a digging partner.

stormysouth

Reaction score
Wilkie,

I hope I didn't make you feel awkward. I am truly sorry if I did. I respectfully understand. I forget sometimes that the gender thing can be complicated. I don't look at people like your a man, your a woman.... I see fellow diggers. Again, I am truly sorry. I guess I should think before I type.

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: stormysouth

Wilkie,

I hope I didn't make you feel awkward. I am truly sorry if I did. I respectfully understand. I forget sometimes that the gender thing can be complicated. I don't look at people like your a man, your a woman.... I see fellow diggers. Again, I am truly sorry. I guess I should think before I type.
[sm=lol.gif]You couldn't make me feel uncomfortable if you tried. I really wish I could go digging with you, I was just letting you know why it's probably better if I didn't[:D] No apologies necessary, I appreciate you asking in fact, and I really wish I could.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Lisa, It is good to hear you have been out at it again. They just never get used to our climbin ways do they.[;)]

towhead

Reaction score
"Down the bank I slide. Of course, I rip the seat of my britches out.... "[:D]
Reading your post has made my day! Last time I went digging with a "friend" from work, I did the same thing....ripped the seat of my jeans....Good thing I was wearing my "Sunday Undies"!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS