Bromoseltzer cobalt, Baltimore

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

barbieheid

Reaction score
Hi peoples,

My friend has been finding a lot of these in her yard (the little ones) and gave me one. She has an 1800's farmhouse. My bottle book says they are valued at between $2 and $10, but can anyone give me an approximate year of make? It is a cork top.

Thanks,

capsoda

Reaction score
You can get $3 to $5 for them at most flea markets but most bottle diggers wont give you a quarter. I hang onto any cobalt bottles I dig just for that purpose and no bottle collection is complete with out at least one.

They are a good sign that there may be some real keepers lurking near by.

barbieheid

Reaction score
Yeah, she's been finding all kinds of neat things while digging for a koi pond: clothing buttons, etc. But any idea on the age of the bottle?

barbieheid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottlediger

probly 1890s-1920s

Oh, OK thanks. And that does jive with the age of her house. Can't wait to *really* strt digging (all of the sudden, I'm more than willing to help :)

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Koi are also expensive raccoon food. Once the little buggers find that pond...

Mike

nhdirtdog

Reaction score
Wow, all that stuff found? I bet metal detecting around that area my produce some fine coins and buttons [;)]

barbieheid

Reaction score
Wow, all that stuff found? I bet metal detecting around that area my produce some fine coins and buttons [;)]

Yeah, I have one of those on my wish list, especially since a friend in PA has acres he said I can go nuts on. At my friend's house here, I also found a dog tag issued from the city from the early 1900, tons of bullets, chains, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday