C.B. ELLIN'S Horse Radish bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hokeypix

Reaction score
I got a few bottles today and would love to know more about them, mainly, are any of them especially valuable? If so, what sort of value? Here's my favorite of the bunch, an aqua 8-sided C.B. ELLIN'S Horse Radish bottle with cork.

Now I'm going to try to upload the photo. Wish me luck!

Thanks in advance.

Ay74490.jpg

Attachments

• Ay74490.jpg
    Ay74490.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 83

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Hokeypix, welcome to the best bottle forum on the net! [:D] Your Horseradish is a nice find! Clifford B. Ellin was listed in the pickle business in 1910. 1915 is the year he mentions manufacturing Horseradish and all his operations were either discontinued or moved by 1920. Betty Zumwalts book lists your bottle as scarce though no dollar amount is given. Hope this helps. Happy Diggin, Kelley

PS. Scarce, according to Zumwalt is less than 500 known.

hokeypix

Reaction score
hi kelley, thanks for that info! I'd be very curious to know what sort of value it might have....I found one other mentioned onloine, but no value. Do you think that this could do well on ebay? I'll probably give it a shot.... : )

batfish

Reaction score
Hi Hokeypix,

Zumwalt's book gives no monetary values, but it does give a value 'rating' system based on stars (*). Each star represents a unit of money - a dollar, for example. So, it is possible to roughly guesstimate the value of a ‘*’, and thus the value of your bottle, based on Zumwalt's rating. If we know the market value of some other bottle(s) listed in her book (the more bottles we know the market value of the more accurate our guesstimate would be) then we could estimate the value of a ‘*’ and thus the value of your bottle.

Zumwalt has your bottle rated at '3*'. This rating suggests that the bottle does not have a high monetary value - at least when Zumwalt's book was researched. Other's could tell you whether or not to give any weight to Zumwalt's rating - I'm by no means an authority!

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Hokeypix...

That is a beautiful bottle...but next time can you put something next to it for size comparison? I love minatures and I can't tell by your pic what size it is. [:)]

Good find...keep up the good work...

The Doc..Dr J[X(]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4