Can someone please tell me how much this bottle is worth, what bottle it is and how old

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jayme

Reaction score
I have an unknown bottle and I would like to know what it is.
It is an applied neck bottle.
It has writing on the front, it says:

"RAILWAY TAVERN
L.P.L ST E.C"

Obviously "L.P.L" means Liverpool and "ST" means street so Liverpool Street and "E.C" means east city.

I have also created an albulm to show you the bottle and it's features.
http://imgur.com/a/WwWcy#0

Could someone please tell me what bottle it is, how old and how much it's worth.

Thankyou Jayme

epackage

Reaction score
Great bottle, looks to be a whiskey flask and I'd think in the 1880 date range. I don't have any clue as to value.... Welcome to the forum...Jim

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Jayme, It looks interesting but the pictures don't tell me enough to give you much advise. Are there seams on the finish?
I couldn't read the bottom lettering and really the pictures are presented well but they are not very clear. Value is in the mind of the buyer when he can base it on what he sees. RED Matthews

Jayme

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. i dug it up about 8 years ago and its been collecting dust ever since.

Jayme

Jayme

Reaction score
Sorry about that. here are some ore pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/C9L70

The bottom has lettering, a "w" i think it's for whiskey. I copied the lettering out onto a pice of paper. it does have a seam

surfaceone

Reaction score
4569625460_76601e9abb_z.jpg
From.

Hello Jayme,

Welcome to the A-BN, and thanks for showing us this bottle.

The best value may be obtained from the Pub owner...

"It is believed that there has been an ale house on the site of the Railway Tavern since the first half of the 18th century. The story goes that farmers bought cows to the outskirts of the city and herded them into Liverpool Street, with the pub gaining the nickname 'The Cow Shed'. Nowadays the pub is frequented by city workers and provides a handy stop off on the way to the station for a pint of cask ale and some decent pub food. We also have Sky sports (so are perfect for those big games) and our famous Friday night karoke every week until midnight." Railway Tavern.

I bet they make a good Bubble & Squeak.

JH0205_Bubble-and-Squeak-with-Sausages_lg.jpg

Jayme

Reaction score
Thank you. I was looking at this pub but there was many of them and i didnt know what one.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture Jayme, That is a neat hand tooled finish on that bottle and it has a fair amount of what we tent to call "sloppy glass" that was pushed down on the neck of the bottle.
I have to agree with surfaceone about the restaurant being the best buyer they should jump at it for at least $ 50 bucks. I would ask for a hundred at least when you talk to them.
Epackage is about right on the time frame. I don[t know which glass house made it, and that would be interesting to know.
Lucky find, and if your are going to really get into old glass - I would think it is a keeper. RED Matthews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday