CHATTOLANEE WATER

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Great story Steve. I agree with you on the water. I can't drink city water. Tastes like crap and gives me a headache.

HawaiiGlass4me

Reaction score
That's what I love about collecting old bottles. It's all the history behind it.

Chattolanee

Reaction score
RE: In search of Chattolanee Spring

This is my first post here, having just found the site. I live on Chattolanee hill, on part of the site of the old hotel, which promoted the water of the six area springs. The springs certainly are alive and well - all of the houses on the hill still get water from from the main spring, which you found. When we first moved here 10 years ago, I found 2 whole jugs with the Chattolanee insignia. I did no more bottle hunting until yesterday, when some gardening resulted in a cobalt blue bromo-seltzer bottle which struck my interest. Digging a bit, I found a number of bottles from the era of the hotel, including Rubifoam for Teeth, Chelf's Celery Caffeine, & Husband's Magnesia Calcine, as well as some that I've not been able to find any info on. I was so jazzed that I ended up digging by moonlight last night and was out again first thing this morning. My online quest for info led me to this site. I had no idea that such a forum existed!

bevyn

Reaction score

Awsome story and bottle dude! Now you just need a cork for that baby

madman

Reaction score

wow! great story great bottle! as well as chattolanees post lets see those garden dug bottles

Chattolanee

Reaction score

We'll try to clean and post pix tomorrow. As a complete newbie I know I'll have questions. For instance, one of my Chattolanee bottles has a lid. Does this make any real difference? I know that bottle is common, as I'm sure everything I've found so far is.

The bulk of what is turning up seems to be refuse from the hotel, in a swath from our yard down to one of the springs, concentrated at the bases of tree trunks. I'm wondering why the hotel guests had so many medicinal-looking bottles. They must have really been "vacationing."

Also, does anyone know anything about the Maryland Brewing Co? A symbol that looks like theirs has turned up on a wee bottle that has no other writing on it.

Chattolanee

Reaction score

A couple more i.d. questions, which I know I should wait to ask until I post pictures, but am too impatient.

I can't find info on one bottle marked:
Tregor's
E.R.B. Univeral Dandruff Relief and Hair Invigorator.
A germicide.
M.Tregor Sons
Baltimore, MD
Washington DC

Another is Walker-Gordon Laboratory Modified Milk. It is about 7 inches long, has a rounded bottom, and what looks to be increment markings on the back side. Could this be a baby bottle?

Another is marked Van Buskirk's Fragrant Sozodont for the Teeth and Breath.
Another is marked Holmes Fragrant Frostilla Elmira NY.

A dumb question - why do so many bottles have round bottoms? Did they rest in bases?
I won't get into the other mysteries without pictures. Anything look out of the ordinary? Any sources for any of these companies?

Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday