Clear EXTERNAL USE ONLY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I posted this a while back, but since we now have some new members I'm going to try it again. This is an Illinois Glass product, c. 1915-1929. Rectangular in shape, it is embossed on the front with vertical warning ribs and FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. It is not listed in my APBCA poison workbook. I know it would be classified as a poison, but I have not been able to find anything on it, nor have I seen another one like it. Any ideas? Many Thanks, Jim

Ki20245.jpg

Jim

Reaction score
Here is a close-up of the embossing:

Rp43382.jpg

Attachments

• Rp43382.jpg
    Rp43382.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 86

madman

Reaction score
hey jim, cool bottle havent seen that one either! looks like a liniment or rubbing alcohol? witch hazel? mike

poisons4me

Reaction score
I have that bottle,KR-39,listed as common but i have only 1 and dug it....so how common are they really???I live on ebay and at shows and digging and have not seen but one other in a vermont ant. store. A keeper in my opinion,only found in machine made and an american poison. Im thinking it was generic and you put in whatevr,like the lattices and such. Hope this helps.Rick

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. I was thinking the same thing, alcohol or some kind of external medicine.

Thanks a million, Rick! I bought this one in an antique shop on my way home from Ocean City last year. I wonder why it is not listed in my APBCA book. I agree that they can't be all that common, probably just underrated because of being a fairly plain clear ABM. They certainly don't seem to show up anywhere. I think it was worth the $10 I forked out for it. Thanks for the ID, now I can fill in the blank space in my collection log with the appropriate Kuhn number. I gotta get those Kuhn workbooks! Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4