Coca-Cola Diamond Labels framed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
IMG_4748_zpsea9208d3.jpg

surfaceone

Reaction score
$(KGrHqJ,!rgE+jbzd2ZzBP-z1N!EOg~~60_57.JPG

Hey Alex,

No offense, dude, but I would give those labels a wide berth. I question their authenticity. I'm not a Coca-Cola label expert
by any means, and I suspect, neither are you.

I would never buy something like this that was framed, without taking it apart first. Have you sealed or framed them in
plastic? Archivally matted? I don't think so.

Having a listing such as: "WORLD'S ONLY FULL Purple Amethyst Coca-Cola Coke bottle SS Straight-Sided RARE " makes me
wonder what turnip truck you think we fell from.

barnum.jpg

AlexD

Reaction score
I understand perfectly. No, I have not sealed them. The are in a hard (yet bendable) display package. You know, like the ones for trading cards? Only a little larger. I have them in a frame freely mounted because you do have to admit, the plastic casing is slightly unsightly when not mounted inside some type of display. If anytime someone wants to take it out of the frame and the casing, go right ahead. It also helps with shipping and just keeping them all together. And I do not think anyone here fell off a turnip truck[;)]

The regarding the purple bottle, it was an idea I had. I bought the bottle it's self for $70 and wanted to try and cap it. I thought it was cool. Something you've never really seen before, all of them are just the empty. It turned out to be a success. There's the story about the mysterious Amethyst Purple Bottles and how people fake them. One collector guy said "Though they're not real, they're still a cool item to add to your collection". If you look in the description it say it's not filled by CCCO and is listed as Repro.

splante

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLDS-ONLY-FULL-Purple-Amethyst-Coca-Cola-Coke-bottle-SS-Straight-Sided-RARE-/290819656013?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b633c94d
one of the funniest listings I have ever seen , cant wait to see if someone bids on it

on the labels does the pt at the end of the signature stand for PT barnum...only kidding IF those are original labels you have some really nice ones.
the coca cola book advises the following on these labels

" my expierence is that most of these labels are reproductions They are on heavier stock paper and the background lines are more exact (uniformed).Beaware know your sellar,and seek advice of advanced,knowledgable collectors"

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm no Coke expert but didn't the hobbleskirt come out in 1915?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-1917-1919-Coca-Cola-Coke-SS-Straight-Sided-Bottle-Label-RARE-VINTAGE-/290819620606?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b6333efe
A suppose there were still strait sides for the product bottles but I don't think the labels were used on them.
I'm just asking.

celerycola

Reaction score
The Coke bottle was patented in November, 1915, and used in eight test cities in 1916 before it was formally adopted. It was made available to bottlers on a nationwide basis in 1917 during World War I. Sugar rationing and it's costs to bottlers delayed introduction of the new bottle at this time. Most bottlers gradually introduced the new patent bottle along with their existing straight side bottles for which they had a considerable investment. Straight side bottles were used for Coca-Cola for another twenty-five years with the last bottler switching in 1942.

ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

I'm no Coke expert but didn't the hobbleskirt come out in 1915?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-1917-1919-Coca-Cola-Coke-SS-Straight-Sided-Bottle-Label-RARE-VINTAGE-/290819620606?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b6333efe
A suppose there were still strait sides for the product bottles but I don't think the labels were used on them.
I'm just asking.
"WORLD'S ONLY FULL Purple Amethyst Coca-Cola Coke bottle SS Straight-Sided RARE "

AlexD

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the laughter[;)] And it did sell before, some troll bid on it with just a few feedback and never paid for it. I reported him, contacted him, everything[8D] When more of the Straight Sided come out for sale, I may list this one with a lower price, for people to bid on. Though it's really hard to get a good photo of the bottle, I've got to say, it's beautiful in real life.

AlexD

Reaction score
Ok, now I'm a little embarrassed, still not sure. You guys got me confused! Here are some pictures

Real
fake%2029276x174.jpg

Fake
$(KGrHqZ,!k4E8m2ye7FYBPOjKNHF7Q~~60_57.JPG

Real:
LU6Y9MLQ3hbbLCNnBTNjDw.jpg

Notice the top line above the "O" how it's broken and missing. Some of mine are like that, post pics in a minute.

AlexD

Reaction score
Take a look at this. Odd, but may be proof it's real. Look at how the error's are the same. Like I said, I have 11 of these and these are 2 out of 3 that have this defect. The picture on top is my labels and the one on the bottom is a real label. I did find something else out, making a shadow over the labels makes them look fake[;)] It's true!
IMG_4756_zps7df9fab3.jpg

LU6Y9MLQ3hbbLCNnBTNjDw.jpg

AlexD

Reaction score
I kind of believe that since this is a printing defect makes it real. Look at it this way, the lines in the background are broken if it's real, because it's printed with a press when the new ones have MUCH higher quality printing, so they don't have the broken lines. Wouldn't it also cause this with some too, plus where the real is like this too? When there's an error in the new aged labels, they throw them away, as the older ones have errors on almost all in some form or another. The cutting is different, smudges, and missing ink [;)]

One again, I PROMISE this was how I found them, right from the auction. Just framed and put in a plastic casing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday